I can pick up corpses?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
This came as a surprise to me, I didnt see any mention of it in the manual or the updates.

Select a pistol, point at a body (you can tell you are pointing at it if its lighting does that annoying flashing thing) and press the use key. You will drop it if you fire your weapon or press the use key again, and you cant run.

How long has this been around for?

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
hmm, I guess not many people knew about this...
Some people like to stack up dead bodies(not me):D
And it can be used as a cover:)

vincenzo_og

teh INFlirtationist
Apr 2, 2001
UK>Scotland>Hell
why is it ike a cheat almost then?.... shouldn't u just be able to press grab and pull them around?... i mean, not just for baricades but u can tell if an enemy is around by the dead bodies and such...so it'd be cool if u the enemy (well u being the enemy that is) could easilt move the bodies

NoXiD

May 19, 2000
UK
I tryed to pick up a dead body today, cant, using the use key...

do i need to be crouched or something ??

i just cant seem to pick up anydeadbody

Kristoph

Jan 19, 2000
Paris, France
Visit site
The ability to grab things is here since Unreal 1. Back then I sometimes use this to move aound crates and other small things to create some stairs...
I could find this and how this worked by looking at the code, it was something like you can only grab things when using a 1 handed weapon (Dispersion pistol, automag and ripper for Unreal). And the handedness of the weapon was decided by it's weight.
Probably that you can only grab corpses when using grenades or a pistol.
This is some old legacy code. I don't know if the Inf team changed this...

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
just try to pick up one of those drums on EP, you carry them right in front of you all they need to be is transparant and they would act as shields.