AK47

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bloodmaster

should we have an AK47

~I see DEAD people~

[This message was edited by Bloodmaster on Mar 12, 2001 at 14:09.]

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Isn't the AKMSU basically the same thing?

<CENTER>
raindog.gif

</CENTER>›

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Raindog, it's very similar, but very different in some aspects. Folding stock, shorter barrel, different flash suppressor, different magazines. (that's all i know at least, might be other changes)

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
So, the AK 47 would be less acurate, because of its shorter barrel. Is it possible that the AKMSU was chosen over the AK 47 for this mod because it is a superior tool?

I know nothing about guns, so I probably should not even comment on such things, but, oh well. :)

<CENTER>
raindog.gif

</CENTER>›

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Raindog, sorry, i may have been vague, i meant that the AKMSU has these modifications apart from the AK47, the AK47 is more accurate by far. The AKMSU was probably chosen for Inf because it's not an AK47, since almost every other mod has the AK47, and it's nearly the same, but not really.

I wouldn't mind the AK47 anyway, but i think the AK74 or anyone of the AK10x series would be nice, like the AK101, chambered in 5.56mm NATO (i think it's the 101, it's some of these at least :))

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
I think, but I'm not sure, that every AK after 47 was chambered in 5.45x39 because it went farther.

eaglebottom.jpg

Best of the Best

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Yeah, most AKs starting with the AK74 is chambered in 5.45x39mm, but some are made for export to western countries etc. and are thus chambered in 5.56mm NATO.

Status
Not open for further replies.