[UT] Making Music 1: MP3s to UMX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[DecoY]

Phat out of hell
Nov 6, 2001
MIA: please find me
Originally posted by Wormbo
First select the Nullsoft Disk Writer output plugin and select a directory. Then load all the files you want to convert into the playlist and disable shuffle and repeat. Double-click the first title in the list and wait until all files have been converted.
The files will be named like they show up in the playlist, double files will be overwritten without any warning.

nice avatar, d00d!!:D

Tre

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Wait a sec... Last time I used converted mp3s in a map.. it took about 5 minutes to load, and affected various other sounds, usually drowning them out.. maybe it was too loud... Burning Angel.. heh.. but Is it worth it? damn music making is so expensive...

Oh and MSI kicks ass...

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Originally posted by Tre
Wait a sec... Last time I used converted mp3s in a map.. it took about 5 minutes to load, and affected various other sounds, usually drowning them out.. maybe it was too loud...

Most likely it was too large
damn music making is so expensive...

Not true. I made most of my tracks when I was literraly broke. All of the software I have is free (legally too, no warez; fyi I now have better software).
All you really need to make modules is a tracker (there's hundreds of differnt kinds and most if not all are free). You may need a sound editor (mssound edit, cooledit, ect..) and thee's tons of free sample sites.
Oh and MSI kicks ass...
yeah:D

C5m7b4

Oct 13, 2003
i have no problem getting the file to .it or .s3m format. i have a weirder problem that no one else it talking about. if i open up unrealed and go to the music browser it is blank. when i try and view all files, i just see the .ogg files. if i try and open one of those the editor crashes.if i try and import my 2.5MEG .it file it never shows up, and of course if i save the package it just doesn't exist. any ideas. patch i can't find? help

The_Cape

Use of cape does not allow user to fly
Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
How would I go about adding sounds into the killing sprees in UT and or UT2K3.

ex:
Kill, double kill, multikill...

Killing spree, rampage...

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
Well, i did all the afore mentioned stuff, my first file turned out 30MB coz i'd forgotten to record it on a lower quality and the second time when i did do it on a low quality i got a useless lump of staticy noise :eek:

So erm...any ideas on what i've done wrong/should do ???

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Well, the best thing still is creating music directly in a tracker program instead of using one MP3, OGG or WAV which is converted to UMX.

I think the best ways to keep the UMX small have been mentioned already: Keep the song's length short, use 8bit and a lower sampling rate and maybe even use mono.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
MP3 to MOD converter
That kind of conversion shouldn't be automatic since a huge file size would result, unless of course it gave you options to control the sample's bitrate, Hz and so forth. It's not *that* hard, just Google some other programs... It can all be done in SoundRec32 (From windows), WinAmp and MadTracker or any other tracker... All of these can be found via Google, and SoundRec32 comes with Windows.

AzNCompFreak CC

Mar 31, 2004
I'm trying to to convert regular music like .mp3 .wav into umx. What program can i use to convert it that is easy to use?