Help, I suck!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Ever since I started practicing against adept bots, my game skills have gotten worse and worse. At first I was doing allright, even managed to win sometimes, and my online game was improving. Then my success/failure ratio went the other way, and I am consistently finishing last.

I can't make any hits with the flak cannon anymore. I only get headshots on myself with the ripper. My rockets all seem to end up exploding at my feet. I'm having trouble walking over pickups, sometimes I have to run back and forth 4 times just to get a health box. The only gun that seems to work for me now is the minigun, which sucks 'cuz I hate the minigun. It's so boring compared to all the other weapons.

What happened? Am I burning out? Do I have to go back to fighting skilled bots? When I do, the bots just seem like they're just standing still waiting for me to knock them off. It's no fun.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Sometimes it can be good to take a break.
Another reason can be that you try to do things the "difficult way" when you play against the bots.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
players and bots fight totally different. and your crappyness when playing online sounds like its just lag.

either way just keep practing online against people. Get some friends of yours online that are real good at UT when playing against other players and have them show you there tactics and tricks to playing.

and besure to practice all the maps to and get down all the good spots to be at.