Welcome to Prometheus.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I'm wondering if increasing their ground speed would let them keep up with the replay without being noticeably jittery or anything. I'll have to do some tests, but I'm definitely looking to improve their movement and firing accuracy. :)

P.S. Shaka when the walls fell.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
I'm wondering if increasing their ground speed would let them keep up with the replay without being noticeably jittery or anything. I'll have to do some tests, but I'm definitely looking to improve their movement and firing accuracy. :)

P.S. Shaka when the walls fell.

P.S. Great work :)

aliam

manun
Jan 28, 2006
Heh trying the hard one with 4 instead of 5 states is fun - kind of a guessing game :D
i found something.first a bug in security station 09 yard. in this yard when i contact with my image the game crash.
secound some feature that i think if available in next version may good?
i try to solve the hard puzzle with 4 state and find one possible way but game don't have this feature.
1- first image wait before line of sight of robot until 12 secound and then found the pass code.
2- kill first and wait outside of robot sight until 5 second and goes in front of power button(try to push button).
3,4- kill robot before than he can see the second image.
but the game don't have this feature that previous image do anything like when they are try to push button and nothing prevent them the game end.
think this would be good for puzzles and be logical.:)

Last edited:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Tried this out today. and I can not complete the tutorial becase I am unable to shoot my first self as the pawn disappears. (as in it does not complete the shoot the target action)

other than that it's a fun idea! :)

KeithZG

will forever be nostalgic
Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Awesome mod, had a hell of a lot of fun at a friend's place earlier today trying this out (I'm still sans-UT3, but fingers crossed that won't be for much longer).

I'm actually verrrrrrrrry curious as to exactly how this works on the inside, partly out of curiosity, and partly out of desire to muck around with it myself a bit too (designing maps for this would be quite fun, and I'm wondering if there's anything in the code outright precluding multiplayer; even a rudimentary 1v1 deathmatch would be quite a sight to behold). I guess once I can run the game (or when I jaunt over back to that friend's house) I could just open UnrealEd and export the source myself. Or, can you even do that in UT3 anymore, does the whole cooking thing change that? Huh, I'm rather in the dark with the new engine.

Buuuut anyways, awesome mod, can't wait for more!

Bytekeeper

Last of the Brunnen G
Jul 15, 2001
Germany
Visit site
i found something.first a bug in security station 09 yard. in this yard when i contact with my image the game crash.
secound some feature that i think if available in next version may good?
i try to solve the hard puzzle with 4 state and find one possible way but game don't have this feature.
1- first image wait before line of sight of robot until 12 secound and then found the pass code.
2- kill first and wait outside of robot sight until 5 second and goes in front of power button(try to push button).
3,4- kill robot before than he can see the second image.
but the game don't have this feature that previous image do anything like when they are try to push button and nothing prevent them the game end.
think this would be good for puzzles and be logical.:)

It's still possible:
First state run to pass code but waits somewhere out of sight for a few seconds.
Second and Third to the right. Third state has to "guess" the location of the guard because he was lured away by the first state. So you're shooting at an empty spot here.
Fourth takes left way and shoots the first state before it causes the guard to alarm. After that you wait for the third state to shoot the guard. Then you run to the console and - done.

Would still be nice if previous states could finish the level as well :biggrin2:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
Hmm, can you tell me exactly what happened so I can try and replicate it?

I was following the tutorial. ran up to the sniper rife and shot the target. Then i got my second instance created. Guy explains about being careful not to get in way of weapons as you can kill your self I pick up second rifle and fire a random shot.

I see my first self and it disappears mid run to the first sniper rifle. Audio cue comes on to tell me to shoot my first self and i can no longer do that as the pawn has vanished.

hope that helps some.

i.mosh

forum whore is back
Sep 30, 2008
rite side
looks really good Angel, but i dont play UT3 anymore :(

maybe the fix thats coming will bring me back to UT