UWRC-LagunaBETA

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Great map Twrecks:2thumb: Very clean and fast, also a smooth track surface.
Is the angled start intentional? You have your tightest corner coming off your fastest straight; not going to be any blasting thru the corners and hoping for a cheap win:p
For my asthetic tastes it feels a little empty, but I doubt that there will be much agreement in that department from others since it plays so well.

Attachments

• LagunaBETA.jpg
    LagunaBETA.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 35

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
The map is modelled off the RealLife(tm) race track near Monterey California, Laguna Seca. I'm not good with total re-creation, however I believe I captured the feel of the dry hills and scattered oak trees typical in the region.
I agree the track needs more: like a pit row, grand stands, pedestrian bridges, and some infield buildings. Glad to hear it has some playability, as I am not familiar with UW, only Ued :p
I left out several projectors in favor of frame rate, notably the tree shadows, ground fog and cloud cast. If ppl here feel FPS is high enough, I may drop a "full/final" version out later.

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
stevenhorton said:
Great map Twrecks:2thumb: Very clean and fast, also a smooth track surface.
Is the angled start intentional? You have your tightest corner coming off your fastest straight; not going to be any blasting thru the corners and hoping for a cheap win:p
For my asthetic tastes it feels a little empty, but I doubt that there will be much agreement in that department from others since it plays so well.

I haven't downloaded this, but I'm guessing it's modeled after a real life track, Laguna Seca.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
maby you should add a triangular blocking volume over the inside edges of the bridge so you cant get caught and go flying out into the lake.