1 Battle rifle...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Soul Assailant

Dec 7, 2003
Aww. No G3A3? Thats one of my favorites. I guess if he says no, he says no. How about FN FNC 5.56? Or the Type 97? Both look keen, and the 97 handles at what I imagine the Fa Mas to. The Barret M82A1's a nice pick of the litter too I should think.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Defcon- I could be wrong but I beleive HK's roller-delayed blowback system is made to prevent jams, not reduce recoil. In that respect IIRC the FAL actually has the most effective recoil-dampening system.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Would the Full sized AK47 count as a battle rifle?
just trying to find more options.. as it is i think there's really only few
FAL
M-14
G3

I suppose you could count the Sr-25 since you can mount the M16 carring handle but i don't think there's any front post so it's more of a intermidate between rifle and sniper rifle. I just don't think the 7.62 phenominom lasted very long for alot of weapons to be developed for it (other than sniper)

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
DEFkon said:
Would the Full sized AK47 count as a battle rifle?

I'd say no. It uses an intermediate cartridge - the 7.62x39mm Soviet round. But it's a "7.62mm" round, right? Look at the length - 39mm. That's cut down from the larger Soviet 7.62x54 round. Intermediate cartridge = assault rifle, not battle rifle.

Matthew

ninjin

The Franco-Japanese Carrot
Feb 24, 2001
Dalhousie Univ., NS, Canada
I'd go personally for the FN FAL (since Beppo said no G3) but i wouldnt mind seeing the FN FAL para version (with foldable stock and shorter barrel). But which ever way, a battle rifle will be always a pleasure to see.

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
Lasersailor184 said:
While the Ak47 sits on the barrier between battle rifle and assault rifle, I would rather have it then the AkSMU.

What line is it blurring? It fires an intermediate cartridge (7.62x39), so it's an assault rifle, not a battle rifle. The AK47/AKM would be a full-length assault rifle (like the M16A2), but it's not really a "battle rifle" as people on these boards would say.

Matthew

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Yeah, not only is the AK47 not a battle rifle, it's actually the original assault rifle, not counting the german prototype MP44. If everything with 7.62mm diameter bullets was a battle rifle, then even the Russian Tokarev pistol would be a battle rifle!

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ said:
i want an m14. too bad this thread will go nowhere.

??? Okay...

Except that SS is prolly gonna release a G3 battle rifle. And it seems that an FN FAL (or L1A1 variant of the FAL) will prolly be made by the Inf Mod Team...

So other than that, this thread is going nowhere, right? ;)

Matthew

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ said:
do they already have a model for it that i havnet seen? didnt ss say a while back that weapon requests were basically useless?

Yes, they've said that weapons requests are useless.

But Beppo also said that if the community were going to make new weapons to add to INF, they shouldn't bother making any of the weapons in the armory (including P99, G36C, M4) or any weapon he would have fired while in the German armed forces (nearly certain to include the G3)...

Most of us have taken the "advice" from Beppo to mean that a new weapons patch is on the way eventually. And that it will likely include the G36C, M4, and G3 at least.

Meanwhile, a group of community members is moving forward with creating new weapons to add to INF. And I'm pretty sure that a battle rifle is among the top canidates - likely the FN FAL/L1A1 due to the possible inclusion of the G3 by SS - seems that a lot of people want battle rifles.

And soon enough we'll have 'em.

Matthew

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Gnam said:
Yeah, not only is the AK47 not a battle rifle, it's actually the original assault rifle, not counting the german prototype MP44. If everything with 7.62mm diameter bullets was a battle rifle, then even the Russian Tokarev pistol would be a battle rifle!

You're a sucker for punishment, aren't you. The Sturmgewehr wasn't a prototype. It was produced in numbers and issued to troops on alot more than a "use this and let us know what you think" basis.