Strange XP Pro Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Hit a small problem last night when I was trying to install some more APP's. When I put a CD in the DVD Rom drive AutoRun didn't start. The mouse Cursor had a small CD by it for a few secs. I went to Windows Explorer and clicked on the G: Bam Not Accessible popped up. In the Properties it showed all was fine. I tried the CD-RW Drive, same thing no AutoRun and nothing to open. I restarted Puter and then tried same thing. I shut down completely and started they worked once the next CD it couldn't read again. This time I restarted and it worked but only for that one time. I ran reloaded Windows thinking I must have messed up a file or something, same problem. I wonder if I disabled a service that makes your drives Autorun or something. WTF.. Any ideas. Worse case I will reformat and reload all the crap again or just keep restarting to use CD Drives.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Try updating through the microsoft website... if that doesn't work, search their troubleshooting database for autorun functionality.

If that yields no results, let me know.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Possible that you need to update drivers for the drives.

Also, are you having trouble with only one CD, or with many? (Could be a bad CD.)

You can disable Autorun, in the device manager properties (if XP still has that).

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I have a feeling its a Application Running in the Background. I searched the Knowledge DB, and realized that both of them started to act up right after I installed InCD for my Yamaha CDRW Drive. It runs in the taskbar. I am going to try to uninstall it and see what happens.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
So yer without yer cdrw software?
Was it very technical? If not, XP has it's own built in... shouldn't be too big a deal unless you do lots of technical burning.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
How old is the program? I know some older stuff I have I can't install cause it messes with the registers in an odd way, causing crashes. Other stuff will cause memory erros, which also causes crashes. That reminds me, BC, just before your comp started acting up, did you install something new? Maybe that's your problem, kiddo.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Iceburgs said:
Nero is the way to go, boys 'n' girls. And for those really annoying ones, there's CloneCD. :D :)

INCD is NERO Software. My version of INCD was 2.0 and the new one available for D/L is 4.0. I installed itlast night and all works fine. Old version was the culprit. ;)