Teach an old dog new tricks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Could someone please tell me if it's possible to create tranparent gifs in Paint Shop Pro 7.0 and, if so, explain how I would go about doing it? Thanks in advance.

-Keiichi

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
It is in the help files...too compicated for me to explain..

however I use a diffeernt method which is helluva lot easier to do..

http://www.gifworks.com/

I go here and upload my pic and under edit it says add trans and it allows you to pick the color to make transparent...

Shmoo

Shotgun Packin' Shmoo's
Apr 2, 2001
Western WA
Visit site
click on Colors on the menu an then Set Palette Transparency. Then if the Decrease Color Depth - 256 Colors box appears (meaning you are working with a bmp or jpg etc that is greater than 256 colors) leave it selected on Optimized Median Cut (gives me the best results) and click OK. The the Set Transparency box appears...choose either the Set the Transparency value to the current background color (which is the one you have choosen off the the right side of screen or you can set it to your own value. Make sure that the color choosen matches the current background color of your gif. The only problem I have found with this is that I usually use white as the background and this version seems to give me a white outline around the text. Version 5.0 did not seem to do that to me. My signature below was created with PSP 7.0 and MSPaint. Hope that helps....

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i don't know but my dog is 5 years old and still doesn't come when she's called. but on the other hand if i take her out after rabbits she'll attack on command. pretty cool huh.