Grenades with the rocket launcher?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
As everyone knows, the rocket launcher in the 2kX series does not any more throw grenades like the one in UT classic used to. The alternative fire now fires 3 rockets at the same time, as a spiral if you click the main fire button with it. However, I could have just sworn that while playing with the rocket launcher in 2k4 once I pressed a certain key that threw grenades out of it. And it wasn't a "UT classic" mutator either. Yesterday I was playing online and I thought I seen someone else throw grenades with the rocket launcher. Is it just me dreaming and seeing things or did Epic leave out a key combo trick to still throw grenades with the rocket launcher in 2k4?

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
I don't think so. I seen it happening again yesterday though I think I had the UT classic mutator back then. Don't think the server I seen it on had it nor when it happened to me a few months ago. Could have had it but don't think so.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Maybe someone used switchgrenading. I do use that often. Like, get the Assault Rifle, hold the alt fire, switch to the RL without releasing, and then release. You'll shoot a grenade and instantly get the RL.

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
Yeah I use that too but still I seen he did it with the RL. He was holding it while the grenade was thrown, I seen the player. Also I know I did it myself with the RL and nothing else, though then I may have had the UT classic mutator on... I don't remember.