Will UC tempt you to buy an X-box?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
Weeearll, HALO isn't looking too shabby either imho (just saw the new shots on VE), but apart from that I agree - UC is by far the biggest seller for the XBOX atm. (a poll from VE only put it on 3rd tho).

But in the long run I think UT/U2/UW will fulfill my fragging needs, so I think I'll skip this console completely. Unless I some day stumble across a dirt cheap XBOX/UC combo package at the local supermarket, like I did with my N64/Super mario.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
All I've seen and heard about UC by now seems *very* nice. Frankly UC appeals more to me than U2.

For me it all depends on how long it will take until MS launch the online multiplayer service for the Xbox. I don't play games that don't have multiplayer. And for sure I don't buy a console that doesn't have multiplayer. I won't buy an Xbox for only UC. I'll only buy an Xbox when both Halo and UC have full multiplayer capability.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've heard mention that UC will not be available until Microsoft rolls out it's Online ability. I know the preview box isn't on any of the X-box displays I've been seeing.

BTW-played the new X-box Munch's Oddyssee tonight. That may be another that I'll have to get. Extremely smooth and beautiful. It's pretty awesome when you see some insanely cool looking buildings in the distance and think "It's just a static backdrop", only to eventually walk right up to it. :D

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by hal
I've heard mention that UC will not be available until Microsoft rolls out it's Online ability.
Heard the same. That's what DE officially stated. They know botmatches get boring quickly. :)

Halo will ship without and hopefully be upgraded with multiplayer capability later when the online service is availabale. I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage that Xbox titles can be patched. :hmm:

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-
All I've seen and heard about UC by now seems *very* nice. Frankly UC appeals more to me than U2.

Even considering the "comunity" (or lack hereof) which comes with it?

Snipeo

Happy lil Camper
Jan 10, 2001
#beyondunreal Sanity: [|||------] 23
bleh, consoles: only good for three things, driving games, sports titles and platformers. Tony Hawks rawks on the PSX, and I do enjoy a bit of FIFA every now and again. I played Quake on the PSX and it sucked, you cant play an FPS without a mouse/keyboard combo. Garn Turismo on teh PS2 is sheer driving heaven and there's nout for fun when you come in drunk than playing FIFA wit your mates :D

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-

Heard the same. That's what DE officially stated. They know botmatches get boring quickly. :)

Halo will ship without and hopefully be upgraded with multiplayer capability later when the online service is availabale. I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage that Xbox titles can be patched. :hmm:

Considering that Halo on the Xbox has no bots in MULTIPLAYER it could become a big dissapointment.

Now something aboutt UC: It's looks great actually. I thought that it would become a cheap UT/U2 ripoff but it looks like it's gonna be another classic in the Unreal series...

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
I'll probably buy it if it looks like more than just Unreal2 with a few more features. But if I decide to bite the bullet and buy an Xbox, it won't be just for UC.

May 15, 2001
California, USA
Hmmm.
With a $499 or more price tag (budled), I don't think i'm going to be buying an X-box very soon. How much will it cost for a console and controller?
UC is very tempting to get though. However, i like shooters on PC's, not consoles. PC's just have a more natural feel, unless a mouse and keyboards solution comes out for teh X-box. I know the PS2 has a keyboard and mouse combo.

Karma 13

Licensed to Bore into Submission
Oct 20, 2001
Outer Moon of Phobos
Visit site
Originally posted by hal
With built in USB support, I think a mouse and keyboard would be an essential option.

Last I heard, there was NO USB support. Could have changed since i'm not following the whole console wars thing, though. If you can have some sort of mouse set up, it might just make X-Box FPS' worthwhile, though I have doubts. Yeah, UC looks pretty sweet, but not enough to buy another console for. I think it really sucks that it will be an "exclusive". After all, online community has made the Unreal series what it is now. Oh well....:confused:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I really wish it were going to be available for the PC too. I would just be really surprised if Infogrames squeezed it in between U2 and UW. I believe that it would cut into the sales of the other two.

It looks like a lot of work and thought have gone into the title, and even if it just winds up being UT1.5 I'd like to see it. Heck, it looks like they've already done more than many companies would do in a bona fide sequel *cough* Eidos *cough*. :D

The USB info I got was from Planet X-box... take it for what it's worth. ;)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
im buying a Xbox anyways so yes I will DIFFENTLY buy this game, and I am a Unreal fan, so its my duty to do it.