uh-60 prefab?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
just wondering if anyone knows of a good uh-60 blackhawk prefab... or any other transport chopper in that class (mebbe a pavelow)... i'm trying to incorporate one in my map to test out the reinforcements idea i'm toying with... i've been trying to make one in ued but it's turning out lookin' really sh!tty... :con:

also, if anyone can point me to a nice, FREE, modelling program (can't bloody afford 3ds max... :() i'd be eternally grateful... :)

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Well, LoTekk, if you find one to use, let me know as well. I've been looking for one to put on my battleship. Otherwise, when I run out of things to do (ha! i.e. get my map finished), I'll make one. But then again, by then.. maybe Inf will have it's vehicles out and we'd just plop one of theirs down.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
The one you request for naval operations would be the SH-60B.

I've got the blueprints for that one (among others).

If you plan to really put into a map I'll do one for you, yet I'm no good on textures. I'd also need to know what detail-level you need. Want the chopper accesible?

There's hundreds of pics around, so textures shouldn't prove too much of a problem, apart from convincing someone to do them :)

Samples of my recent work here.

Contact me on ICQ# 19876481.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
yeah, your prefabs seriously rock, especially since they were done in ued (which i tried doing with the uh-60)...
anyways, the way i started off was "sketching" out the profile view in the 2d editor (and mind you, i did a pretty good job of it), but then i realized, of course, that extruding it wouldn't work without massive amounts of brush clipping... i may get around to it, but right now i just want to map a little... if you'd be able to do this, it would definitely be cool...
what i'm shooting for, essentially, is a utilitarianly (is that a word?)-detailed chopper, with access to players (it'll be flying around, and i'm using it for timed reinforcements)... i might try my hand at a huey with a .50 door gun (don't knock it until they actually give us an m-60 doorgun... :D)

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
@Dupre :

This is the right one, yes?

02259.jpg

It's the naval SH-60B Seahawk, appropriate for use on a ship.

@LoTekk :
Can you live with the Seahawk? I have no blueprints of the blackhawk, but could attempt a modification of the Seahawk later, based on photos.
Problem with the Seahawk for you would be : Only one door. The two-door Blackhawk version would be better for landing ops.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Sweet Fenris. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated (definite tag line in the credits). I'll have some poly count numbers to you soon so you can gauge how much detail you can build into it. As for scale size, I'll also get you rough dimensions of the landing pad so you can build it to scale. I built the battleship off of a 1:350 scale model using 16 units per real-life foot of measurement so it should scale to any blueprints you have of the Seahawk.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Hm, well.

First approach on caling was that I tried out a little with boxes, what box looked how high.

I then did the scaling relative to the other prefabs I made.
These are a compromise between first and third person view.

It ended up in 110cm being 72 units. If that helps you.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
gawddamn, man, you do some sweet work! :tup:
btw, i'm attaching a pic of the uh-60's profile, front, and plan views, in case that'll help... that's just too cool, dude... :tup: