S3TC Textures?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Does anyone know where to get these for Unreal? (Not UT). The old unrealtextures site doesn't exist and I can't seem to find anyone hosting them. Thanks!

Diehard

No, i didnt loose any file, i have 2 full backups (2 x 120 gig) stored at home. The only thing i hope wont cause problems is the forums database. This will be the first time i have to restore a backup, so thats all new to me.

But no files are lost :)

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Nice... but if I'm usind D3D, do I also have to install the OGL files as well or just the D3D8 files? I get weird strobing when I try to use the D3D8 drivers. I'm using 3870 in x-fire. :eek:

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Nope, I can't even open up the Direct3D8 tree in the preferences, I get this error.

unrealerrormx4.jpg

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Are you using Vista? o_O Then Unreal is doomed, Vista hates everything that is older than that OS.

Don't talk nonsense, I'm running both Unreal and Unreal Tournament on Vista successfully and they work absolutely fine after some minor tweaks.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Raynor, of course, you can get it working normally, just you need more fixes and other stuff... I was JK :p

Maverick, open your Unreal.ini and do any changes there. Ctrl+F, bUseS3TC and change those values to True.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
It doesn't have that option. It's like the D3D8 driver won't input its information into the .inis or anything.

Is it a problem that I'm using UnrealGold?

*Edit*

Tried with both UGold, Unreal, and UT. D3D8 gives me errors on all of them. Here's the UT error:

uterrrorbc4.jpg

Any suggestions? Is it not crossfire compatible?

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The error messages usually give less information than the log files. Post one in the http://www.pastebin.com/ and we will see what actually happens there, hopefully. Though from this error message it appears that it has trouble with setting resolution... Really odd. Maybe the resolution is set to something that your monitor can't support or something? Anyway, you should try out OpenGL (and D3D9 for UT).

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
You shouldn't try to use D3D8 with Unreal because it was meant only for UT. Use OldUnreal patch instead. You could try to add values manually.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I'm scared now... I just screwed up my D3D for all games by messing w/ UT and had to restore last good known config... Oldunreal patch is where? :)

*edit* nvm I'm a tard I found it.

Last edited: