Emplacements

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
crac, i wont pretend to know about rapelling/fast roping, but you sound like youre 5 years old. and you also happen to embody everything that you say you are the antithesis of - the CS attitude. i know people who played CS who are more mature than you.

but rapelling out of a helicopter sounds good. perhaps a coder like duke can even get it done for inf2.9 :)

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
J4UN7Y:
"feg" is the new "1337". You feg. (if you played on servers, you'd know!!! OMG! I R T3H M203 SNIPAH!!! LOL!!!1111)
I'm saying your opinion doesn't apply since you don't play the game. And the same goes to the rest that don't play the game. Unless of course you have a slower than 56k connection, in which case I apologize for that last statement and understand your position. Although, SaraP will make fun of you for not having a T1 line. Either way, you lose.

Or you could hop on the servers (all TWO that ever have people) and prove me completely wrong. Up to you.

Also, I never said I was the "Camo X-p3rt". That's obviously you. Of course, you're also the "X-p3rt" when it comes to the procedures of exiting a blackhawk. Hollywood should hire you as a military adv1s0r. And I never said I was the "G4M3 D351GN X-P3RT" either. I stated that I was a player, and gave my opinion on how to put vehicles into INF without making it "BF:2004".

Maybe if you didn't have such a hard-on for forum wars, you'd save yourself some time and go enjoy your life instead of clinging on to whatever (I would hope) meager amount of hate you gather from these forums that keeps you going. I come here because I play the game and want to see what's going on with it. You come here because you're a dick that just likes to be a dick.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoy being as *******. You got me there. However, I come here for the game, not the forum.

"Hurrrrr....Duuurrrrr...."

Seriously, did papa touch you?

*back on topic*
That's the only thing I liked about Desert Combat. Being able to select where you spawn. Something like that could be interesting.

Maybe you could even select how you exit the blackhawk!!! You can choose to just fast-rope, then fall and break your spine to save some time, since it's (recent discovery!!!) FASTER!...then jump back up and yell, "I R T3h CS N00b!!!" and use dual SAW's to push back the OpFor!!!!

OMG!!!!

Dr. J: You're right. I R T3H CS N00B. Played it sOOOO much! I will PWN all of you!!! OMG! :lol:

....right

And wait, wait wait....hold on...when did I claim to be the expert of rappelling?

Last edited:

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Give it a rest, Crackwhore. These forums have enough flaming as it is.

If anyone can figure out how to use the blackhawk more interactively than it is now, I say go for it. I guess it boils down to how much can be done with the engine itself. "Manned helicopters" was discussed during beta testing, but it was decided that even if it could be done, it would take too long to make it happen.

What I would love to be able to do is get in to a blackhawk on Raek's Iraq when the chopper is called in and to some damage with the MG. I know that's not going to happen, but one can dream, right? :)

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Just feeding the trolls Almost.....

Brikby beta had a blackhawk like what you wanted to see. It kinda sucked though. Not because the map sucked (one of the best maps I've played), it's just that riding inside of it made you a slow target (since people could shoot through it like paper). Also, using the 50 cal was kinda useless. It was a good idea, but because of the engine, it didn't work. But if you want to see what it was like, you could probably still find the beta of that map somewhere. Also, London had something like that, but it pretty much only flew in a straight line. It's kinda funny when somebody rides in it because they are always falling out of the bottom (much like hillbugging). So it's not like you can hide. It just doesn't feel "fun". Others will disagree and say it's awesome, but personally....I think Desert Combat (for full control) and Black Hawk Down (for AI controlled) are better games for riding in a UH-60 than INF currently is.

Good idea....crappy engine. Such is the life of an INF gamer, no?

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Dr.J said:
crac, i wont pretend to know about rapelling/fast roping, but you sound like youre 5 years old. and you also happen to embody everything that you say you are the antithesis of - the CS attitude. i know people who played CS who are more mature than you.

Quoted for complete and utter fucking truth.

Mappie

--Total World Domination--
Nov 9, 2002
maryland, USA
Visit site
Well i think i wont waste any more or my time on this thread....its been beaten to death with people who dont listen to people that actually have experience with the subject matter. So yeah last post for me on this subject.... :(

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
some thoughts as far as vehicles ...

Basically the way it works in UT2k4 is the first person to enter the vehicle drives in... if there are multiple people in the vehicle, and the driver gets out or is killed, the vehicle will roll to a stop with the people in it. I don't think a random driver system is the best way to go, the first person to jump in the vehicle should be the driver... it works for UT2k4 pretty well.

As to the question of "a 3rd person view VS a first person view" with regard to vehicles... well I think both options should be tested. Anyone who has tried to drive a vehicle in UT2k4 with the first person view enabled will find that it is significantly more difficult as your view is reduced greatly.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I don't even want to think of the lethality of a tank crew that is completely aware of what is happening around, above and under the tank at all times. Whatever happened to combined arms?

It'd be like those lamers who play IL2 with the cockpit turned off. Blind spots are a huge factor.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Thats why tanks have a hatch and stuff for people to get out and look around, another way is for the MG gunners to tell the driver there stuck on something, but a tank would most likely crush the object, or go over it anyways

ON how people get into vehicles: where they stand in regards to a place in the vehice is where they enter. for example you cant get into the driver seet if you guy is standing on the passanger side door.

Last edited:

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I was waiting to see how Domino was going to tie in the subject of implementing vehicles in Inf to the M1911, but he didn't! Good job Domino :p