Guess I won't be playing Star Wars Galaxies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
While it is getting ok marks on most websites, the one thing that keeps coming up is the fact that it has bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Not to mention poor customer service, premium price (regardless of the monthly fee), bad controls, lack of content, imbalanced classes, creatures and quests.

While it may be visually stunning as only a casual Star Wars fan I can't bring myself to want to buy it anymore. Not even taking into consideration the monthly fee, the lowest price I was able to find anywhere on the net or in stores was $48.95

Sorry but i'm out. Not worth it IMO.

Couldn't connect, the getting knocked out was horible, and in all, it just wasn't fun, and wasn't what he expected. he has been raving about this for MONTHS, and talking about how we wouldn't see him again after he played.
He was pretty upset that it wasn't what he had hoped. I over exagerated on the crying, but he was really was pretty let down.

on a good note I didn't lose a friend!

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
El Diablo said:
While it is getting ok marks on most websites, the one thing that keeps coming up is the fact that it has bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Not to mention poor customer service, premium price (regardless of the monthly fee), bad controls, lack of content, imbalanced classes, creatures and quests.

While it may be visually stunning as only a casual Star Wars fan I can't bring myself to want to buy it anymore. Not even taking into consideration the monthly fee, the lowest price I was able to find anywhere on the net or in stores was $48.95

Sorry but i'm out. Not worth it IMO.

Wow, there's a bugged, incomplete and badly thought out MMORPG just been released? Well I never.

Oh but wait, there's some lightsabers on the box.

phatcat said:
my friend was in the beta, and I thought he was gonna cry when he was telling me how bad it was :hmm:

Really, it's just another failed MMORPG (albeit one that will get a lot more customers than most). There's plenty of good ones out there. Why cry over milk that someone else spilt when there's plenty more in the fridge?

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
For anyone that has the game and is going to quit, type /dance in the message window at least once before you quit, really funny when you're a Wookie. You think SWG is buggy? Go play Planetside for 5 minutes (after waiting for 4 hours to download and install the trial), you'll suddenly be assaulted by pointlessly low frame rates and invincible people who, depsite being alive, appear to be a corpse sliding around on the ground. This is a bug IN THE GAME, no cheats involved whatsoever. There seems to be no gravity as you run/fly down stairwells, but you can't jump over a simple 3' high railing. MBTs with 150mm cannons fly over slopes like they're stunt bikes, but can't drive up hills for crap. Oh, and did I mention that the customer service, price, and balance is just as bad as SWG if not worse? It's repetetive as well, with tactics being artificailly limited and little new content because there's ONE PR guy that reads the Wishlist forum as well as managing the entire whiner-infested official forums. I think I'm done ranting now anyway.

Beowolf

hail to the king
Feb 2, 2003
barracksnetwork.com
phatcat said:
I think my friend dissapointment was becasue it looked good, and was based in the starwars universe. It was basicly the RPG he always wanted to play :hmm:

Same here. I'm a long time Starwars fan, but...meh...:(

I wonder how FFXI will turn out.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
well, I'd advise all of you to take a look at Scorched Earth in the latest issue of Computer Gaming World. Robert Coffey is a genius (and he replied to the email I sent him!) and I agree with what's he saying. Companies who are releasing MMORPGs would be run out if they were put to the same standards as other games.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
I wonder how FFXI will turn out.

FFXI Online is really really fun so far, but I haven't been able to put the time I want to into it yet to see how far the fun extends, especially in regards to the mid-level content where so many games seem to fail.

EDIT: Yah, PlanetSide is out, has been for a while now. http://www.planetside.com It's pretty fun for a while, but the novelty sorta wears off as you can only do so much. I'll wait and see if anything worthwhile is added in the upcoming months before I decide if I want to reactivate my account or not. They're pretty much changing it to CTF though from what I gather, that could be an interesting change, albeit a darastic one. (Also, PS is included in the Station All-Access-Pass... $21.99/m for EQ1, EQMac, EQ:OA, PlanetSide, and EQ 2 when it comes out... oh yeah, and their little online games Infantry, Tanarus and Cosmic Rift, whatever those are :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I got starwars galaxies the day of its release, at first I really liked it, and though it had potiential. The problems with the game are now fixed. But in the end its nothing more then your average online RPG. All the different professions add a lot of replay value to the game, but it gets real repetitive real fast. There is a lot to see to, not to mention player runned towns and such.

If you are going into SWG go in with the intent of joining a guild and making friends, otherwise you wont be playing for long as a solo player. Theres a lot of fun things to do, its just suppose to be done in those 50 player groups. :p

dapngwnman

is a gamer
Mar 19, 2001
NYC
the corspe sliding bug was fixed...it only happend every once in a while...trust me...planetside is not as buggy as SWG...

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Its just getting past that first hurdle in the game. If you become a crafter you just gotta suck it up and play until you can get harvestor droids going that will mine resources for you, and they do it while you are offline to. I only log onto my crafter once a day to pay the maintence fee on my harvestors, collect the materials they got, craft items and sell them at the bazaar, it takes about 3 hours of my time, compared to an entire day before I had the harvestors.

I also have a human bounty hunter and a wookie dancer. the wookie dancer makes good tips :D

Planetside rules by the way, its not very buggy if at all. I havent noticed any real problems in my time playing. The corpse bug is just a graphic glitch, it doesnt nothing serious to you, the other players or the game world.

The only problem with planetside is the outrageous system requirements for it. Being that there are thousands of players in the game the frame rate can drop like a rock real fast. I have problems on even my computer.

The game feels like a real war. You go into a base on your side and see hundreds of player going about their business, getting armor, weapons, and supplies, calling for transports, getting into air and ground vehicles, and who knows what else that could be up to. And when a base is under attack, it gets real fun, as you try to protect it from hackers, and enemies coming from all sides in tanks, and aircraft.

Offense is of course just as fun as defense, as you try to protect the hacker so you can capture the base. its very exciting. :)

Last edited: