Shocking news for ut fans

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I got your attention there didn't I. Seriously, you remember Xan's leitmotiv, "I am the alpha and the omega". Well, alpha and omega is also a name given to Jesus (or God?) according to the wikipedia page below. So all these years you've been fragging the mega-padre's ass :D ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I can't believe they've finally sold the UT franchise to another company. Perhaps we'll actually get a proper game this time.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Aww, bless... No actualy f*ck it.
Next in the queue for kicking a shin please.

It is supposedly the words spoken by God to the world, referring to him/her-self. Jesus would not have been so brash (whereas Xan is).
It is the first and last letters of the greek "ALPHA"bet. He is saying "I am the beginning and end of all things".
As to who heard it, wrote it down, and why he was using the Greek rather than Hebrew, Latin, Cuneiform (would be funny), Sanskrit or even Runes or other older forms of writing is any-ones guess.

Most of us "Pagans" (literal: non-Christians) are far more well educated in Theology than you may think ;)
Your average Christian would not know for example the difference between Buddhism and Taoism. or even the many varieties of Native American religions.

My Bushido training left me with a soft-spot for Shinto, though I myself am in no way religious. I just find all superstitions equally edifying and even educational.

Being one thing or another will not make you innately know the background of your religion.
Going to a school that teaches it, in it's gloriously multi-faceted variety, will give you the chance to ignore the droning priests and actually read the stories and discus more than just have it wash over you.
...and paying attention helps.
..and asking questions.

I may not be religious, but I believe in Xan. He's torn me a new one, many times.
I'm a believer ! YEYAS !

*EDIT*
My take in "Alpha and Omega" from a few years ago
Stop Starting (an exersise in pointlessness)

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
No, you twits, it's clearly anachronistically referring to that awfully animated, shitty family movie Alpha and Omega. One that is so bad that it'll make your head explode every time you hear it, via sniper round or other means such as aneurysms.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I don't really care anymore since that damn furry movie ruined it.

Though, it's worth noting it's also a pun with the Godlike bot difficulty description.

Last edited: