McCain is out

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Guess that's the republican candidate that lost against Bush jr. - but I'm not sure, I know damn few about our politics and far less about US politics..

I prefer the 'other form' of politic:
WAR!!

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Try and I'll call a nuke strike against your country! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Come on: war is at least something honest; if you dislike someone kill him - in policy you shake his hand as kiss his ass.
BÄHHHH
I'd rather have a gun at home than a politician!

------------------

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
hm snakeeye I thing you woul have vote for McCain!!

Do you know Klausewitz??? War is nothing else than going on with politic but just with other tools (Hm ok it´s a very own translation because of my small amount of english words, but the sense must be clear or??)

LCPL TWENTY

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Well, I'm from Austria, I therefore speak German quite well, and I sure know Clausewitz! I was referring to him in my post - always thought that sentence was that famous everybody knew it.
But before a too wrong picture of myself forms in all your heads:
I'm no war fanatic - I even didn't serve with our army; I just find military history far more interesting than politics.
That's why I play strategy games and FPS - and not any weird politics/economics sim.

And after all I'm half swiss - so I'm always neutral and prefer peace to war.
Except about the Hornet - that's the point where I can't be neutral..but that's another story..

------------------

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
X31? What the hell are you talking about?
AFAIK the X31 is an experimental aircraft, not capable of carrying any weapons - just very agile, that little girl..
Think you played too much ATF..

Thanks for saying I'm right, though I got no idea what you exactly mean - but after all I'm right, that's enough for me..

BTW: Germany has no nukes - and no plane capable of downing a Hornet with an excellent pilot!
And I was talking about Austria nukeing Germany - our Drakens are the worlds best multi-purpose aircraft! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif hahahahahahahaa
Sorry, couldn't stay serious..

PS: I know about the Tornado, and it's an excellent attack aircraft, but I wouldn't try to dogfight anything with it..

------------------

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
The Eurofighter is just like an intelligent Marine; you always hear about him, but you never see them!
Or why do you think it was renamed from Jäger 90 to Eurofighter 2000 - and it's not even manufactured by Microsoft..
And Germany has Nukes, just it's hard to attach a powerplant to an aircraft.

And be true: The EFA is not as beautyful as a Hornet; just think about her sweet, gentle lines, her powerful twin engines, her ability to carry 12 AIM-120s, her...
(twelve mins later)
...her sweet cockpit and her cute little M61A1 gun in the centre of her sweet little nose.

*siiiiiigggghhh*

------------------

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
X-29, yeah..that babe's sweet..

What exactly do you dislike about aircraft?
Maybe it's another traumatic experience from your youth?
Just tell Doc Snakeye..

------------------

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
That's something you're surely right about!
But why not admire other forms of beauty? Just because one is that superior?

And I think your fiancee would apprechiate it more, when you look at nice aircraft than at other women!

A Hornet might not be able to replace a woman, but it still is beautyful..

------------------

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
Hell, yes that's right. (Even though I never look at other women. I love the most beautiful women on earth)

Okay, I once was an aircraft freak too. I bought the X36 flightstick and the T35 Thrust controller. They could be programmed and I was unbeatable in Longbow 2 (can you do a looping while firing your 30mm at the poor enemy?) and Falcon 4.0

Have you ever played LB2 with 2 players in one Apache? I loved that (as long as I was the pilot and not the gunner)

A game I disliked was Jane's F15. Boring graphics.

INF_Neo

Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
Then I got a new computer with these new keyboard thingies (kleinere Stecker) and I could forget my flight system for 250DM
I know there are these Umwurschteldinger to combine your old keyboard with the PC but I never bought it.

(BTW: The T35 even had a mouse controller. A little joystick at your thumb.)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Longbow 2 ans Falcon 4.0 - can't be that long time gone..
I still am aircraft freak, though I prefer the Hornet or older aircraft - Red Baron, Aces of the Pacific, European Air War, B17 Flying Fortress, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Red Baron 2.
I also liked Falcon 3.0 and GS2000, ATF was quite funny too.
I have Falcon 4.0, but had no time to learn all the commands until now - maybe during summer holidays..

I have the Thrustmaster F16 FLCS - but no TQS until now..

------------------

INF_Neo

Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
I always tried to get games with realistic flight physics, I wanted to become pilot.
First I only flew jets but then I discovered the LAN.
It was boring to kill your enemy with an AMRAAM without having seen him.

Flying helicopters was much more fun + noone understood how to manage these babies (they couldn't really control them. It's VERY difficult to control a heli, especially in LB2). Jesus, it was so fun. Nobody understood how to use the FLIR on the Apache (the longbow radar not either). I loved to get on their six, hovering in a half circle around them and fire the cannon into the cockpit before they could do anything.

You got me Snakeye, I have to get my joystick to work again!

[This message has been edited by INF_Neo (edited 03-11-2000).]