Turned to Lurker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah. It's me. And yes, I've been anxiously and depressingly following this series (Unreal that is) decline into it's video game crypt in the cemetery. I still play UT and UT2k4 believe it or not and I came back on to say hi and see how everyone is doing, if they still visit. Also I came because I saw that BeyondUnreal doesn't seem to have downloads from it's site anymore and I recently got my laptop back from the shop. I could not back everything up so I came looking for the files here, where I knew they would be, except BU doesn't have them anymore. I got some of the mappacks for JB3 off some other sites, but couldn't get all. I haven't tried for UT2k4 yet but I should fare better there I think. When I do still play Ut2k4 I normally play offline with Adept or better bots using UT2k4RPG, which helps keep things level and interesting, as well as MapMixer to randomly set up mutators and maps and scenarios and junk. Anyway if anyone knows where the links have gone it'd be appreciated.

Now onto wishing you all well again and seeing where everyone has been. For me I graduated uni with two degrees (giving me three total) but took a hefty price to get them here in the states and have been stuck in retail ever since. Particularly hard to find anything since I've moved away from Philadelphia and now live in a really rural area. Wasn't my call since it was my pops, but I'll be looking to move away in 2 years once I can get most living expenses under my feet. Until then jobs in the area in any field I'm certified to be in with any of my degrees is... non-existent to be honest, limited to be modest. Other than that it's going well. I have a lovely girlfriend and good friends. I've developed a huge passion for cricket since the last time you saw me, and spent most of today watching England v Sri Lanka at the Rose Bowl. I expanded my games library and play a lot of Dragon Age 1 and F1 2010 and Brian Lara 2007 now, with UT and Football Manager on the side, but I do not play a lot cause of work obviously. I taught cricket to a bunch of friends who fell in love with it too, so I spend some sunny days outside playing it with a stick or baseball bat and some twigs. Hope everything is well, and I look forward to reading about how you guys have been. Cheers.

By the way I've secretly always loved you guys even though I was a REALLY over-egotistical, big-headed, foul-mouthed, annoying brat of a kid back when you knew me and I was playing with you all. I can say I matured quite a bit. Cheers again.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Hey Danny,

I'm a bit of a lurker as well. I'm curious how far your job hunt has come since you lost posted and the degrees you've obtained. I'm in California, one of the worst job markets for fresh college grads. I worked at a hardware store for 6 months until I found work. I also continually took courses. I was dead broke and hating life. The only way I was able to nail my job was by rushing at every opportunity. It was the roughest patch I've been in for a long time. Thankfully, I've found a better job.

If you read this and are still stuck looking, don't give up.
Also keep in mind that small companies typically do not sift through hundreds of apps for a position. As such, they seem to be the most accessible as long as you put yourself out there.