Gaming modem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
For those who want to know about the gaming modem, go to the off the topic forum and look for sky's post...Also email him he will tell ya that it is junk, and he does have a technical background...

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
Are you this bitter in real life?

So, what's the deal? Are you telling me that I'm full of sh*t? Are you saying that there is no difference at all between this modem and my previous one? Are you really telling me that online gaming is not smoother for me now?

Jeez man, cheer up.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

If I remember the press release that 3Com put out, it said that some server software gave better performance with the modem than others. It might be that one of you got lucky and has an ISP that uses the correct server software, and the other one got unlucky. In other words, you might both be partially right.

I think it said a 43% improvement in ping with one specific type of server.

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Not to offend you, but me and sky both had the same results as far as hitting constant high pings, bad lag ect.. And saw no difference in performance when gaming mode was turned off!!!! Its ashame when a LT Winmodem out performs a 3 com lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.