Old first impression of Unreal beta (Respawn event)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
http://web.archive.org/web/19980526160702/http://www.unreal.org/features/respawn/

Just found this, some of the stuff said there is very interesting. Like this.

As far as CTF and the like will go he mentioned something about a "Kill the Cow" type game where a type of creature indigenous to the planet that resembles a cow, will be in one teams base and will have to be protected. If it gets shot, it will begin to panic (I'm not sure what that mean but he mentioned something about the cows being on platforms over lava). All of the ppl that I was with are dedicated TWCTF players, so we asked him if you would be able to use some kind of Stimpacks (TWCTF feature) to heal the cow, since that is a very valuable team feature to help keep the flag carrier alive.

Oh yeah and to make up for it, with UnrealEd you get thousands of brushes and texures the Unreal guys made but didn't implement it in the game. So hey, you win some, and lose some.
Really fucking sad that they didn't release the standalone editor with all that. Would be an instant win, so many textures were scrapped and you would get them there. SIGH

Funny also how the last guy is totally confused and confuses weapon names and shit, he calls dispersionpistol a stinger etc etc. lol

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I remember seeing the ads for the UnrealED box as well as the unnamed Unreal Expansion pack that had the boxes in the style of Unreal's original retail design. I can't recall if they were in the manual or in a strat guide I have somewhere.

They were even promoted on some unreal boxes as well, iirc, too, yeah. the pdf of the manual might have them too, but its been a while since i looked at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.