UT GOTY and Unreal 1 maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Restricted

Jun 11, 2009
Hi all, anyone know what the mod is so u can run Unreal 1 maps in UT GOTY. its been a while but i can remember u used to be able to play Unreal 1 single player maps in UT GOTY edition and use the weapons from UT GOTY.

anyone know the name would help me out cheers.

Restricted

Jun 11, 2009
Oldskool by UsAar33.

:p lol thats the one, legends. lol its been so long i cant remember how to get it to work...im gettin the error "failed launching URL can't find file for package Vortex"

any ideas? am i missing a bonus pack?

Last edited:

Restricted

Jun 11, 2009
:p lol thats the one, legends. lol its been so long i cant remember how to get it to work...im gettin the error "failed launching URL can't find file for package Vortex"

any ideas? am i missing a bonus pack?

Edit: lol forgot the music folder... its goin now cheers again

Diehard

Correct me if i am wrong, but as far as i know, all Unreal maps can be played in UT regardless. All functions Unreal has, are also build into UT. Vice versa may be a problem.

As long as you load al proper files that came with the maps, it should work. I am not sure if this also aplies to mods, but plain simple maps with textures, music and sound should be playable in UT. And the weapons are simply switched to the weapons that UT has.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
http://unreal.epicgames.com/oldnews2.htm said:
Porting Unreal I maps to Unreal Tournament

Unreal I content is automatically replaced by Unreal Tournament content if you run an Unreal I DM map with one of the Unreal Tournament gametypes. However, we recommend that you manually replace the Unreal I inventory items in your level with their UT equivalents and release an updated version of the map. Otherwise, both the Unreal I and UT versions will be loaded on the content, which will cause swapping on clients with low amounts of memory.

- Steve Polge

Unreal multi-player maps just work. I doubt that the memory penalty is that significant now. :)

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
OldSkool gives you bonus options though (permanent carcasses, permanent decals, equipment switching, etc...).

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The reason why weapons are replaced in DM is because by default mutator, however the other custom mutators won't work with these maps, that is why UT classic packs were made, with enhanmcements etc...so all the weapons are replaced manually, too bad zynthetic didn't replace them when making that his U97 pack for UT. :mad:

And there is still unrealshare.singleplayer, you can add to ini default gametype as that and then you can happily play etc or even set paths outside from UT to Unreal...

But some old maps are kinda broken in UT, some zones and things function bit differently (you can notice this even in the old unchanged cybrosis, or in extremelab, these tubes you travel through they are screwed in UT), it gives you that teleport effect even in SP when you get teleported, sometimes breaking atmosphere or functionality (the PSX maps or even shrakitha part 3 with the contsant teleporting back bug), the UT DM one etc and other things...

So I prefer running Unreal for those Unreal maps and for specific UT SP maps I run UT with oldskool.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It does not do any teleport effect in Unreal, unless you run it in deathmatch btw. The sound and the effect in UT rapes the atmosphere.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That is actually not a particle, it is a mesh making that animation, but is kinda fake particle effect, yeah.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I always admired U1's spawn/teleport effect, when you seem to be "kicked" into the game. Very interesting effect, I wonder how they did it... Always made me jump the first times playing Unreal :D