Inside the R

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I just started watching the video and I must say this being only 30 seconds in... STOP USING FRAPS. Fraps is a pile of asscheekery. Dumpframes is your friend.

Decent video. Cool music and nice frags for the most part, but crappy quality thanks to Fraps.

briach said:
videolan is good too but it's an entire player
That's what I use. x264 is very annoying otherwise.

Dirdmister

Apr 12, 2004
Birmingham, England
dirdmister.bravehost.com
Turns2Ashes said:
That's what I use. x264 is very annoying otherwise.

its annoying even with it...still cant play x264 with vlc, post-processing disabled too

gets to the hs on 182|ftheyankees and the video freezes, music continues tho
Edit: if i skip that part with bar it plays ok...

great bunch of frags (a fav of mine was the combo on rough over to the lg :))
music was alright but i got a bit tired of it towards the end of the movie

nice movie overall but not a keeper for me, worth a watch

Last edited:

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
One comment. You are using AVI. x264 and AVI aren't a good combination. AVI has limited support for, for instance, B-frames that will not produce as good quality as possible. Consider using an MPEG-4 container.

An excellent tutorial for x264 encoding can be found at http://www.own-age.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37411&page=1.

edit:
Ok, I watched it. There's major lag/pauses in the video (one's quite long; 7 seconds from 0:37 to 0:44), and I'm not sure if it's all my end or if it's the video. It doesn't happen on any other videos, however. The quality isn't that great either. Encoding could be better. It would look better if you went with something like 640x480 or 720x576, with the same bitrate.

A few interesting kills (the first shock combo on Rough was interesting), but nothing impressive overall. Too many headshots (a common mistake, in my opinion).

Too bad that DumpFrames isn't that easy to work with, though, and fixedfps doesn't work at all here...

*wishes UT2004 had as good demo support as Quake 3. cl_avidemo <3*

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Nereid said:
There's major lag/pauses in the video (one's quite long; 7 seconds from 0:37 to 0:44), and I'm not sure if it's all my end or if it's the video.
Definitely the video as I get it too. It stops after he headshots FTheYankees and doesn't unstop until the next frag on Slainchild is over. No idea what even happens to ol' SC. :(

Headshots in frag videos are fine in a few circumstances:
1) They are dripping in totally awesomitivity. Super-quick OMFG twitch shots are always cool to see (check CTLB for an example). Random shots like shooting someone through the vagina when they fly overhead and getting a headshot are cool too.
2) They happen in sequence with other headshots or cool kills. Air rox to headshot is cool. Headshot multikills are cool.
3) They are on good player. "LOL ME HEADSHOT STRYFE LOLKTHX."

Headshots are boring when:
1) They are not in sequence with anything. "Oooh... You got a single headshot on someone. Never done that before."
2) They happen after someone hits a jump pad in Campgrounds and you stand there and line the shot up like everyone on the planet has done 1,000 times.

Anyone can get a lucky headshot here and there, so no one really wants to see that in a video. I don't mind headshots as much as others because I don't mind seeing skilled kills no matter how they are performed, but others aren't as forgiving. ;)

I had to go download that Racer X song. It's off the rip.