possible strange anomaly on UT2007 wallpaper?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
what do you make of this then?

from what I make of it, it looks like it's not completely on the ground, but just kinda.... floating a bit there:

Attachments

• floating.jpg
    floating.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 87

Hydrus

is lost
Jul 19, 2004
It's just a barrel resting on teh concrete/junk stuff at the side, can't see any floating ;o

Mr_Rose

Horse-Feather Magnate
Apr 5, 2005
Dark Pulse said:
Amazed you didn't notice the texture misalignment in the lower right while you were at it...

It probably got knocked over when the tank spawned.
That's not a texture there: look at the shadows, it's actual geometry. though it still looks misaligned ;)

Actually, this whole thing kinda reminds me of when 2k3 was imminent and there was that screenshot of all the guys running across a fairly open area, one team chased by another, and there was this light bloom that didn't affect a particular player in the foreground; this "artifact" was held as evidence that the 'shot had been photochopped from renders: What had actually happened was that everyone had forgotten that screenshots are static 2D representations of dynamic 3D events, and I think this is exactly what has happened here.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
It's not floating, it's resting on a curbstone. Take a look at the hi-res version of the pic and you'll be able to see it.

The texture misalignment is also more noticeable there.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Well, from the shadows, its actually not a texture miss align, its a BSP or Mesh missalignment, you can see the shadow also makes the same cut over.