Custom zounds pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Refalm

{|CK|}Refalm
Aug 11, 2004
.nl
www.refalm.com
Hello everyone.

I have a question: how does one create a custom zound package?

(a zound package is a little addon which gets loaded on a server from which a user can load wav sounds on the entire server by just naming the filename without the extention)

Refalm

{|CK|}Refalm
Aug 11, 2004
.nl
www.refalm.com
jrubzjeknf said:
go into UEd, open zounds.uax and listen/add/delete wavs. Edit mutatorcode to let them work ingame

Yes, that's fun and all, but I require more information.
I'm in UnrealEd, and there are lots of *.uax files, except zounds.uax.
I also have no clue how to make a new uax package.

Also, I have no idea how to edit mutatorcode, and I'm sure I would understand if you guys gave me a link or some better explanation, because I can't find anything on Google about it.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Do you have spaces in either the filename or the pathname of the file/filepath? Example:

C:\My Sounds\Cool Sound.wav = Bad, won't import

C:\MySounds\CoolSound.wav = Good, will import

It's one of those things that Ued is picky about :)

Refalm

{|CK|}Refalm
Aug 11, 2004
.nl
www.refalm.com
Radiosity said:
Do you have spaces in either the filename or the pathname of the file/filepath? Example:

C:\My Sounds\Cool Sound.wav = Bad, won't import

C:\MySounds\CoolSound.wav = Good, will import

It's one of those things that Ued is picky about :)

That sounded crazy enough to work... and it did, thanks :D