UScript tools

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mr.s-d

CHiMERiC Moderator
Aug 30, 2001
UK
www.unrealscript.com
It's come to my attention that a number of links on the tools page are no longer valid, so the list of tools needs to be updated.
If there's any program that you find to be a useful aid to UnrealScript programming and want to see it listed on the tools page, post a link to it in this thread and I'll check it out and put it on the updated tools list.

eXoR

Lead coder
Oct 22, 2001
Holland
exorcist.gamepoint.net
Re: THe latest version of VUC++

Originally posted by 2COOL4-U
It's the best UnrealScript Editor out there. [/B]

Personally I prefer the combination of Unreal Classes with Textpad 4 + the UnrealScript syntax list by Ob1-Kenobi. By the way, the links to tools and to tutorials on the Chimeric site are broken but I suppose you already knew that.

eXoR

Lead coder
Oct 22, 2001
Holland
exorcist.gamepoint.net
IMO VUC++ has too many bugs, it lacks Textpad's way of line alignment, I don't like the colors (altough those can be changed but I'm too lazy to do so), takes too long to load and switching between class tree and code takes too long. Also, Textpad makes it possible to have multiple .uc files opened and makes switching between them very easy.

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
The problem with the broken links is actually PU's fault, as they still haven't taken down the old site. Please use http://www.unrealscript.com/ to get to CHiMERiC from now on, and that should fix (most) of the broken links.

For the record I'm a Textpad + Command Prompt user. I used to use UClasses, but I know all of the UT/Unreal classes by heart so I don't need a tree really. VUC++ just didn't fit my style I guess, it had a lot of stuff I didn't want, and was missing a lot of stuff I did.