patches/bonus packs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pessimystic

Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Can i just install the v436 patch without any of the others or do i have to install all the previous versions.. i am installing a fresh copy of ut (v400).. also what's with the .umod/non .umod bonus packs? thx

pess

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
you dont have to get the bonus packs, but basically all servers use them, so it will be hard to play online without them.

Pessimystic

Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
re: patch

ok but what about the patch? can i just install the v436 patch and have it upgrade v400 to v436 or do i need to install the others (v402, v428, etc) thx..

pess

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
You can do a v400 to v436 patch just fine . All UT patches are made to overwrite all of the other previous versions of UT.

As for the Bonus Packs, you will need to download and install all four of them. Almost every server runs these packs, plus the packs have certain additions to UT that are not present in the regular v4xx patches. (e.g. the SGTech1 Texture in Bonus Pack 4)

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Originally posted by SamuraiSludge
As for the Bonus Packs, you will need to download and install all four of them.
Actually watch out for BOnus Pack 2 which contains the DE Mutators (volatile ammo; team beacon; volatile weapon), this mutator was released twice by DE and consequently causes several "type mismatch" errors online.