This Mod is Superb

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
I've bought and played tactical fps's ever since R6 came out and I must say that this Infiltration tops the list. I am having lots of fun with it.

I thought that I would be disappointed by the lack of recorded weapon sound effects, but this hasn't been the case. The sounds are simply awesome.

I look forward to all future improvements.

Two things I would like to see, though:

1) For Infiltration to actually implement the Land Warrior video/monocular sight on some of the weapons.

2) For A.I. and players to be able to do a "spray and pray" from around a corner or over a wall.

--Uziyahu_IDF

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Default UT Maps?

Oh, one question, how do you keep the default UT maps from cycling into your selection when you're playing botmatches?

--Uzi

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Welcome aboard :)

As cool as INF is, keep your eyes open...it's gonna get even better ;)

how do you keep the default UT maps from cycling
Under the button "list" you can define a custom maplist for infiltration.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Sh<b></b>it this is the second newbie I miss..
sad.gif

Welcome guy !!!

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
I thought that I would be disappointed by the lack of recorded weapon sound effects,

All of the weapon sounds are derived from actual recordings, making them a realistic as possible. I don't remember which thread it was, but Neo posetd an atual wav file of a silenced MP5 and the INF sound is right on the money. :)

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
I'm not so sure about a "spray & pray", per sé. But perhaps some sort of good supressing fire machine gun would be great. Just to keep the enemy at bay while your guys reload their guns and get in position.

Mike

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Welcome aboard soldier. Yeah, INF has the best sounds of any mod, IMO. Spray and pray would be intersting, however I think that the bots would just rather shoot the other team, than around them to suppress them. Online, however, that is a different story.;)

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
About the optical system.

That wouldn't be practical, nor would it adhere to the goals of the game itself. The game focuses on currently used military equipment from around the world, so such a device won't be implemented until some army somewhere decides its fit for battle. :)

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Oh yeah!

Yes, "spray and pray people!
Just go read my thread, the up leaning idea that i have!
It will add much to INF!

Welcome dude :D

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
**** spary and prey!

Give me my upleaning!
Thats a MUST have in INF!

Go read my "waving guns" post

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Upon release of 2.86, the best method for providing suppreseive fire will be to lean and fire, thereby exposing the minimum amount of your body.

Please do not provide more ways for soldiers to indiscriminatly kill their teammates.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Upleaning? you mean holding a gun up with one hand? (or two, that would be even more hilarious)
Try holdin a full auto gun anywhere level like that.
Better yet, just hope you don't slip and shoot yourself.

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by DarkBls
Sh<b></b>it this is the second newbie I miss..
sad.gif

Welcome guy !!!

Wow! You welcome people to the forum, like the guy at the door at Wal-Mart? Boy, what a cool community!

--Uziyahu_IDF

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Draco-1

All of the weapon sounds are derived from actual recordings, making them a realistic as possible. I don't remember which thread it was, but Neo posetd an atual wav file of a silenced MP5 and the INF sound is right on the money. :)

Okay, but what does "derived" mean in this case? Are they actual recordings that have been turned into .wav files?

Or did they listen to actual recordings and then try to create sounds from scratch which sound like the real thing?

--Uzi

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Los Pescados
I'm not so sure about a "spray & pray", per sé. But perhaps some sort of good supressing fire machine gun would be great. Just to keep the enemy at bay while your guys reload their guns and get in position.

Mike

Yeah! Like the SAW? Or the Israeli Negev?

--Uziyahu_IDF

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Wikkan
About the optical system.

That wouldn't be practical, nor would it adhere to the goals of the game itself. The game focuses on currently used military equipment from around the world, so such a device won't be implemented until some army somewhere decides its fit for battle. :)

Ah, okay. Please note that there are similar systems in other countries, too. What stages of development and/or fielding they are at, right now, I dunno.

--Uzi

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Monk_Zero
Upon release of 2.86, the best method for providing suppreseive fire will be to lean and fire, thereby exposing the minimum amount of your body.

Please do not provide more ways for soldiers to indiscriminatly kill their teammates.

Look, if you're a really good team, you're gonna remain in a cohesive unit, if not a tight squad or a 4-man stack. You're gonna know that your team members are not "out there" and that you're free to "Unleash Hell" on anyone out there.

The lack of discipline of some is no reason to pooh-pooh an idea which is used in the real world.

Just play with trusted others.

--Uziyahu_IDF