how do u talk on ut? lol

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[µBT]Ag@memon

Aquarius Noblis
May 9, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
hi..

Press "t" (default button) to talk to everyone
Press "r" (also default button) to talk to teammates

After pressing either button write what it is u want to say :)

phule

May 23, 2001
Visit site
by keyboard - press t then type away
by voice - use the new Yahoo IM with voice to talk to others you know in the game using a conference call

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
erm. I guess he means the irc client.

1.) Forget utgames
2.) as server choose irc.entherthegame.com
3.) channel #planetunreal
4.) hit connect
5.) done

Voice com: there are far better programms like RogerWilco, BattleCom or TeamSound

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Hey, since we're helping n00bs here, can anyone tell me how to repeat messages? I've heard twice that it's the up arrow, but when I press it my view just moves up....same thing with the keypad up arrow. Do I need to remap my keys?

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Originally posted by Pineconeboy
Hey, since we're helping n00bs here, can anyone tell me how to repeat messages? I've heard twice that it's the up arrow, but when I press it my view just moves up....same thing with the keypad up arrow. Do I need to remap my keys?
Hit TAB then UP then ENTER (assuming default keys). This will repeat the last say or the last console command entered at a tab prompt.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by NeoNite
How to talk in ut?
Open your mouth :D

sorry i just couldn't resist. I tried fighting it, but it was stronger than me.. :D sorry sorry..
ahh yes but opening your mouth doesn't make you talk in UT you're still talking out of UT. UNless you can stick your head inside your monitor...then you are in UT in a sense:D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
My point exaclty! Stick ye head in ye monitor, and talk ..
ehm.. yeah it's risky, but it's worth it. Give it a try.

Hm come to think of it, will unreal2 use the same method of lip what's it called again.. lip sync? you know, like in hl?
Would be cool though. SOmetimes i feel like a robot instead of a real player. I know of the facial animation though. Good move.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Pineconeboy.

Don't repeat messages alot.

We can read it the first time. If you repeat yourself a bunch of times, you scroll everyone else off.

If I have the flag and hit my "I need some backup bind" in the chat box it shows my location to my teammates. If you are repeating some textbind and scrolling me off, then my team will have trouble finding me.

BuLLsOnParade

Jan 1, 2000
Oklahoma
Originally posted by Roguefryfry
Do any of you play using MS Game Voice? I don't see to many UT games at their servers page,but that doesn't mean people don't use it.:rolleyes:
We use MS Game Voice, and love it. It is by far the best, but also not free. (the shareware version only supports four connections)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Tnx namu, played the deus ex demo last year,almost forgot about it.. :)
Unreal 2 .. if the levels will be "tribes 2" terrain levels :D i can't wait!
(btw t2 looks awesome)

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
man, what is this for stupid topic?
I went in it, because I thought that he would really mean 'talking' with the microphone.
but no, he means chatting!!!! oh man how low can you go?
if you mean really talking then I can recommend you battlecom. Contact me if you want it. Just let all your friends login to your battlecom IP. One spectates and tells the others where the enemies are. Hehehe, no that was a joke. but it is funny and cool. (not the spectator thingy it was a joke). :cool:

MagicToaster

Jun 9, 2001
New jersey
MS Game Voice

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Roguefryfry
Do any of you play using MS Game Voice? I don't see to many UT games at their servers page,but that doesn't mean people don't use it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got MS gamevoice, but having trouble finding people to talk with (and my friends want better computers and cable before they play me).