just bought Unreal Gold

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Mao

May 25, 2000
Visit site
for $15.00 cdn- i've seen it at EB for $10.00 US- you can't go wrong.

the main reason i bought it was for the 32 bit colour depth-in the original Unreal(patched to 226) when i set it to 32 bits via the desktop i lost 12-13 fps in the opening flyby whereas in Unreal Gold there is an option in the GUI(which has been re-designed and now looks like UT) to set 16 or 32 bits and lost 6 fps which is o.k.

LoL there is already a patch out for Unreal Gold( i think it addresses problems when clicking on the web links in the Unreal Gold section of the Start Menu)-no problems here.

RTNP is very smooth at 1024x768x32 bits- when i had 224 RTNP installed i was playing at 640x480 and it was a slide show.

i have found a bug though-when i tried to access advanced options Unreal Gold crashed to the desktop-it's possible to access advanced options if i start in safe mode.

another thing is the cool shield belt effect is gone(your weapon turning gold)

also i thought that there would be a strategy guide included but there was none.

highly recommended if you own an Nvidia( G-force) video card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.