xp professional

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You-Suk|BuF

Getting ready
i'm just curious how many of you are using the new windows version.
i'm using XP since yesterday and i have to say it's running smooth :D , 1 thing i noticed though was a drop in framerate
i went from 80+ fps in UT to 60/70+ fps..

my question is:
who is gonna use it and if you 're already using it what doo you think about the new os ??

thnx

T

Terminal {DTH}

you may want to do a forum search for that. its been done, and more then once. ;)

T

Terminal {DTH}

Wrong, a number of people here do cat. get your facts straight before posting please.
XP dosnt support older Hardware (3dfx video cards) but Does newer software (UT).

T

Terminal {DTH}

maybe you need to change your search paramters. (IE: use differant wording) trust me, its there.

T

Terminal {DTH}

oh. well you may want to ask SC then (try PM-ing him). He seems to be the boards resident OS wizzard.
sorry i cant help more.

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by DedMeat

XP does come with voodoo 5 drivers
really? interesting. not what I heard but my source may have been inaccurate.

*ignores the fish*

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Terminal said: "Wrong, a number of people here do cat. get your facts straight before posting please. "

/me pokes his finger into Terminal's forehead.

"Lighten up Francis" :mad:

You REALLY don't want me to treat you that way. :con:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedmeat said: "XP does come with voodoo 5 drivers"

That's not my understanding. GLide doesn't seem to be supported on RTM or RC2. :(

DJRWolf said: "xp pro is bases on NT, try useing the 9x based xp."

That would be a good trick since there is no 9x based XP. Home Edition still uses the NT kernel - just doesn't have File Security (NTFS style) and a few other things that most Home users will never miss. :cool:

You-suk, thanks for using the search forums. I guess not all of us can be 1337-search-hax0rs like Terminal and get everything right the first time. :rolleyes:

T

Terminal {DTH}

"Lighten up Francis"
You REALLY don't want me to treat you that way.

are you so sure? go for it if you want, i really dont care. I dont take things so personally.
just dont poke me, now THAT i dont like nor the inferance you are making form that quote. were someone to REALLY did that to me he'd regred it, and seriouslly.
fortuantly my name isnt even CLOSE to fancis so i can ignore it as childish and petty.