Weapon attachment issues.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
I already know that ChaosUT2 basically barfs at anything with a non-standard bone weapon name. However, I don't RECALL Ut2K4 ever having issues with these.

Last night, I... played ChaosUT2 for some reason. Forgot to switch to a standard-bone-name character. Play for a bit, quit when I can't get sentinel guns to spawn in Onslaught, and switch back to normal mode for some hawt jailbreak action.

And... now my chars with non-standard bone names don't show their weaps. Which looks unbelievably odd.

Anyway, for reference, I HAVE changed "bone weapon" to the proper "Bone_weapon" in UnRealed, and saved it with that ApplyNewSockets option. In other words, it's sticking. THAT's not giving me the error anymore, but:

Log: AttachToBone: No bone named [righthand] found in actor xPawn's skeleton.

is. Isn't righthand an alias, though? I can't find any bones that are LITERALLY named righthand. I don't need the brackets, do I? That wouldn't make sense for several reasons, but...

And barring fixing the models, what else may'I've screwed up, and how should I go about fixing it (assuming Ut2K4 COULD handle non-standard bone names and I'm not just crazy).