Problems with Directx 7.0a and UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

leetchie

Apr 28, 2000
Visit site
I have a P3 866, 64 MB DDR Nvidia geforce.

System was running awesome with directx 7.0 and UT v 4.13

But, of course me bing real stupid I decided to update to Directx 7.0a from 7, supposeldy fixes a lot of bugs, well it seems to make things worse..like game gets choppy sometimes..and mouse sometimes gets stuck for like a second.

Anyone else have this problem with directx 7.0a?

I know there is no way to uninstall 7.0a so I am screwed but was hoping to find a way to fix it.

Thanks

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Hey, you tryin' to steal my other online SN "Lychee" ? =) jp

Ya, i had that problem. The problem lies in that Directx 7 and 7.0a don't include a file you need (i forget which one it is exactly, but if you go into direct setup, you will see one or three of them are not working, or missing, etc.) The solution i had was this:

Uninstall Directx 7.0 (use the add/remove software option in control panel)

D/l and install directx 6
d/l and install directx 7.0 (or what-have-you).

as for choppiness and mouse freeze, that's something called "lag"... i have that too (as well as only 64 mb ram)

bullet2.gif

"If you ever put a trap door in your house,
don't try to catch monkeys with it, because chances are they can climb out.
And when they do, they are MAD."

leetchie

Apr 28, 2000
Visit site
There is no uninstall otpion that is the main problem....righ tnow going to try and install detoantor 3.68 drivers..i have the dell one's not sure if it will help

tgsteele

Jan 22, 2000
Visit site
There are directx uninstallers on the net. Do a search and you should find it. I am not sure if they have one for x7a yet though. I am not sure if that's the problem anyway. I have directx7a installed and it made no difference what so ever

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
uh....ya there is an uninstall function for directx.... in native Win98/95, control panel, add remove software....

bullet2.gif

We tend to laugh at hillbillies, and I guess that's okay. But let me tell you something about hillbillies: they're fun to laugh at. Oh, I guess I said that.

-Jing (previously "Omega-Seven")