DM-Deck16][S3TC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
GIMME!!!

Exact replica of DM-Deck16][ from Unreal Tournament. EVERYTHING is the same. Everything. The item placement, the textures, the brushes, the sounds, the music, EVERYTHING. Even the Jump Boots and Ripper are back. AND NOW...THE HI-RES TEXTURES FROM THE UT:GOTY CD2 ARE BACK!!! WOOT!!! This is not some bogus port of Deck17 retextured to look like Deck16, this IS Deck16. This is not even loosely based on Deck17. It was copied and ported directly from UnrealEd 2. In fact, I can not even take credit for it because it is so much the same. All the credit goes to the original author, Elliot 'Myscha' Cannon. And for any of you that are wondering if this is legal or not...IT IS! Since when were you not allowed to edit official maps or use official textures and sounds???

Here are some screenies for you to drool over:

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
So how crampt does it feel since the ratio wasnt increased to compensate for larger player models and faster movement?
If this isn't done yet...
shot247.th.jpg

give these walls on the left bright corners to get rid of those unnatural shadows.
shot248.th.jpg

These lifts look really out of place, worse yet they aren't flush w/ the wall. Just make normal movers w/ bsp since everything is supposed to be as is was in UT.
--
nm, these's a dl link so I guess it is done. :hmm:
Well hopefully these minor issues will be fixed in another release, I'm sure few more would crop up from a little beta testing.

Last edited:

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
The point is not to make it better, the point is to make an exact replica from UT.

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
Ok ok, I scaled it. Link is currently down, will be back up when it reuploads in about 10min...

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
You can't really make a port better than the original unless you redesign it to reflect the changes the engine has gone through. There's already a 2kXerized version so that ideas already been done as well as it could be.
The points I made were all valid and true to the original. Brightcorners is a UT trick that removes shadows from the seams, it really should be done since the seams are so obvious. Here's a reference.

The lifts aren't even the same, they're meshes, that's why I brought that up.

I'm not asking you improve Deck, just make this version better by keeping it the same as the original. At least that's what I thought the goal was from the original post.

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
Ok, I know the lifts are not the same, the moveres cant be imported. Isint it enough that the ripper is back? ANd I tried bright corners. Made it look like a flourecent light bulb. ;D

EDIT -- Try turning off detail textures, and see the difference, or if you have it off, try turning it on and see the difference.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Forgot just how basic original Deck 16 looked...
You've noticed the Deck 16 in the next room over from Deck 17 in UT 2004(in the bio rifle room)...?
I'm assuming 'yes' - but I'm sure a few peeps have'nt noticed.

dXII][Pa

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Jan 3, 2004
Yeah, you can even ghost in there :)

yeah yeah, don't tell me... I know I'm a geek...

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Actually, I have ported about 10-15 UT1 maps exactly (other than scaling by 1.3, and adding weaponbases) and you CAN port the movers.

So, open Unrealed2. Find the mover you want. Right click, Polygons -> to brush. Add it. Now, right click, transform permanently. Copy it to Ued3. In Unrealed3, build the geometry, get the tex's on the mover aligned, and right clikck -> convert to static mesh, in mylevel.

Also, you can get UT's dynamic light effects working, and get exact ports of UT's meshes, let me know if you want me to tell you how.

Also, if you check out the user Mods section, go to unreal tournament Revolution. Were not that active, and I'm trying to kick the team into gear. We have a working beta gameplay fix (and its fun! The sniper is good again!). I have all of the 3rd person UT weapon models ported, and Radiosity (is? was?) working on the firrst persons. Check it out, and post something so that you can inspire the team to greatness, or atleast a working mod!

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
SWEET! Dude you are my new god! Please tell me how to port the meshes!! I already know how to get the dynamic light effects working, but I'd also like to know how to port animated textures or textures that are partly see-through, such as glass or metal grates. If you can tell me all that, I will start a new religion that worships you as the main god.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
CyMek said:
Also, if you check out the user Mods section, go to unreal tournament Revolution. Were not that active, and I'm trying to kick the team into gear. We have a working beta gameplay fix (and its fun! The sniper is good again!). I have all of the 3rd person UT weapon models ported, and Radiosity (is? was?) working on the firrst persons. Check it out, and post something so that you can inspire the team to greatness, or atleast a working mod!

Really? Thought it was dead from lack of updates or something... :(

foX.bl

Sep 19, 2004
Love it, but I cant squeeze between the amp crates to get the shock. That and the aircontrol with the boots is shocking.

Last edited:

Unregistered User
Nov 2, 2004
I am working a new version, this toime it will be deck 17 with the closed off section of deck 16 opened up into this map.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Thats how the original Deck 17 was (user made map for UT2k3).

EDIT: Err, no, only the CTF version had both decks.

EDIT: Whoops! The original Deck 17 was a completely dissimilar map for UT. At least, I think there was no Unreal version.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
CBA said:
Looks great

*cardiac arrest.. almost*

Deck16][ looks great????????????
I guess you meant saying: "great that it looks so much like the original".
Nevertheless!!!

It's one of the ugliest stock levels !!!
Just look at those hideous textures, that crap/horrendous ligthing!
Especially in the lower parts! The red,blue..
The green light from the goo on the walls. >_< Makes ones eyes bleed, it has too.

Arg, and those dark parts in the hallways.
Wether in Unreal, UT or Ut2K4.. deck16 is PURE HORROR.

°_°

I can kind of understand that people like to play Deck16. But saying it looks good/great?
NO way.
Even with hi-res textures it still looks like crap.

Yes, deck16 sure as hell looks "basic"!

Come on, this is Ut2004 right? Forget about those ancient UT/unreal levels.. they're ugly. Very ugly. Well, most of them anyway.
Adapt the levels to UT04 standards, and keep the spirit of the original.

Exact replicas are a no-no :shake:

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
I know Deck16 is an example of "bad mapping" in terms of looks, but you know what: I like the way it looks. Is there anything wrong with it? Some UT99 levels look better than UT2004 levels, a higher polycount isnt the same as better looks. UT99 just put it all together RIGHT. It isnt that hard to port a level, and if we want to port it and you dont like it, then dont play it!

Also, is it just me, or can you not do bright corners in Unrelaed3? This is what I see, and there is no bright corners there.
brightcorners.jpg

Or am I just being a stupid mapping noob?

Lastly, feel free to stop by the UTR forums and give us a shout out, we need it. :)