Unreal 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
ive just spent 2 days playing U2 on the xbox and was shocked by the graphics!
2d sprites?
every so often 2d sprits of skargj appear whats up with that?
Anyho i cant get accross the engine room, i keep getting thrown of the platform by gravity, how do i stop this and get up to the creature feature?

[Hedge]NightMare

Motig Fan since 2003
Jun 11, 2004
Gen Mo'Kai homeworld
Which engine room , the one in the Dorian Grey(Commander Hawkins Flag ship)And what creatures , the Tosk?If you wanna kill the Tosk you gotta shoot it till its arm falls off and them u grab it and shoot the Tosk with it. :lol:

^You probably know all this though

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
OK if you mean unreal 2 the awakening i have no idea shat you mean by tosks, and I'm assuming 2d sprites means skaarj with really bad graphics. i have u2 for pc and everything works fine, never heard of a tosk.

sentienz

Jul 24, 2004
lemoni, walk halfway across the platform turn left and shoot the torks thingy with the singularity gun, then walk across the remainder of the platform to the other side of the engine room, turn 90 to left, walk, 90 again, walk until fall onto lower broken platform, walk upto summit of broken platform then jump.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
togmkn said:
OK if you mean unreal 2 the awakening i have no idea shat you mean by tosks, and I'm assuming 2d sprites means skaarj with really bad graphics. i have u2 for pc and everything works fine, never heard of a tosk.
2D sprites are like the objects and characters in games like Doom and Duke3D. They are one sided, with no depth. There can be seperate pictures for different angles, but they aren't a true 3D model.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
PETzizzleSeagizzle said:
Does XMP completely blow for XBOX?
not completely, but don't think you can even hope to compare the xbox version to the PC version. The graphics naturally aren't as good, but that doesn't bother me too much. The maps (which are relatively few) are ported very badly; Tantalus (the team responsible for converting the PC version to the Xbox) simply removed meshes from the maps until the framerates stopped sucking, and left it that way (again, textures are nothing to brag about). And the actual connection seems laggy, even if you have a low ping (btw, there's no way to check that that I am aware of, but I have played it a lot and with a cable modem I know my ping has to be good every once in a while). You'll notice it particularly when you jump boost: things get choppy.
The overall gameplay is preserved, and I still enjoy myself, even though I almost never mess with the vehicles because they are hard enough to control on the PC, but the Xbox control is abysmal (and everyone already knows that the vehicles are ridiculously sensitive to damage on both platforms, considering that they are armored vehicles). I'm a big Unreal fan, I like the engine and I like futuristic shooters, particularly multiplayer, so my options on the Xbox are Unreal Championship and XMP, and until Pariah, Tron 2.0 or Unreal Championship 2 comes out, XMP is the only reason I have Live.
Bottom line: as long as you don't get your hopes up, it's a decent (at best) game.

Black_Knight

Fire coming out of a monkey's head
May 10, 2005
in a house
Tosk are evil but kai are good

well, the tosk are kai but mutated and made real strong through these artifacts that are literally indistructable. The kai are a nonviolent race that are treated really badlly and people just really hate accept your character, they are given jobs like cook, cleaning, communications, or other sucky jobs. But when the objects are all joined all six or seven, it hits the fan, they have these black hole cannons on their arms that will like instantly kill you if your caught in it so you have to dodge like theres no tommorow and when you finally do enough damage the tosk drops it and you pick it up, fire it, and kill him.

SHOOT, KILL, RINSE, REPEAT.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, this is like...a very old thread! Anways, I finally got around to beating U2 a few months ago. Shoot their arm until it falls off, then use it as a weapon. And yeah, I was wondering about U2 on the Xbox. It has coop campaign and deathmatch right? I was kinda dissappointed in U2's "lack-of-botmatch," since that was a big thing for the original. Having to make a shortcut with a tagline is NOT the way to have botmatches, imhbco*.

*in my humble but correct opinion

The Punisher

[GU]Punisher, skiller and alien killer
Jan 15, 2005
[Hedge]NightMare said:
Which engine room , the one in the Dorian Grey(Commander Hawkins Flag ship)And what creatures , the Tosk?If you wanna kill the Tosk you gotta shoot it till its arm falls off and them u grab it and shoot the Tosk with it. :lol:

^You probably know all this though
teh singulatory cannon pwns.