Jump-strafing is BAD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hurtmypony

Jun 2, 2000
...and I'm glad you are adding a stamina bar to the mod, as I hope it will curtail the use of this highly unrealistic movement type.

YOUR AD COULD BE HERE

hurtmypony

Jun 2, 2000
"...and on his throne, He sits up HHHHIIIIGGGH! And He looks down LLLLLLooooOOooooWWWwww!

Puh-raise!"

YOUR AD COULD BE HERE

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I swear every time I encounter a jump-stafing fool that gets away with it (when I don't manage to cut them to ribbons) I say to myself, "I can't wait until 2.8 comes out, I can't wait until 2.8 comes out, I can't wait until 2.8 comes out..."
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
<h1><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h1>
"I love war and responsibility and excitement.
Peace is going to be hell on me."

Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
2.8 will have a stamina bar which is reduced each time the player runs, jumps, or dives to limit these kind of evasive actions.

Catalyst

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
bot: *jump* *strafe* *evade* *puhhhhh*
the [reaper] takes his m16 out...
H E A D S H O T /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-reaper was here-

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
hey, are there any screenshots anywhere which depict what the stamina bar looks like?

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

Bombynocker

Apr 23, 2000
Scunthorpe, North Lincs., England
WTF?

What the hell happened to this forum anyway, shit, talk about going off on a tangent. Anyway something i think should be added is proning rather than diving to the floor (as some have said) like some kind of demented chimp. Some weapons could only really be made 100% accurate, like the robar, if you prone. Then people cant keep using the robar as an enormously high power pistol at close range(the bots are bastards for this as well). /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif