deleting/replacing a submitted map...?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fragnbrag

Good news everyone!
Nov 12, 2002
Ottawa,Canada
sites.google.com
sorry to bug yas - but i submitted a map here the other day and it due to an error in packaging i want to replace it with a new zip, same name... once the first one's in the database, and i use the "remove" under "edit maps" will a approval/wait period be required again? ie. is there some way i can just re-upload/overwrite the one that's here?
fyi, it's called CTF-FNB-SpaceJunk.zip. if admin could rather just delete it for me *now* that'd be cool too...
thanks nc3-folks :)

fragnbrag

Good news everyone!
Nov 12, 2002
Ottawa,Canada
sites.google.com
...is CTF-FNB-SpaceJunk.zip here?

hmm... me again, sorry to bug - i re-uploaded file "ctf-fnb-spacejunk.zip" Aug.30, and it hasn't appeared in the list yet. Some other maps released *after* mine seem to be showing up so i wonder if i somehow borked the upload ??? The only difference between what i uploaded and the original upload was the later filename is all lower case -the original was a mixed-case name. is that a problem...?
cheers

Last edited:
Sup Frag!

LOL I know it's a dead thread but my question is related. I just want to change the screenshots of my map. Do I remove them using the edit page and then reupload a new zip that includes the new jpgs?

Or is there a way just to change the shots themselves. The DXT is causing the blue to be red.... thx

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
you can do it without touching the actual map file
be sure youre logged in
go to the page of your map
top right it says Mapper
you choose Edit Info there
on the right now is a button remove or add screenshots

i believe you can only add screens with the resolution of 256*256

ah hah. yes Hourences I got it. What threw me was the only button showing was delete screenshot, and I figured crappy screenie is better than no screenie... So I risked pressing it and upload new screenshot button shows after you delete an image. thanks

And for those of you who search forums, here is info for screenie:
256x256 or smaller, apparently any ratio equal to or less than those dimensions will do, but I haven't experimented except to put up three 256x128 shots. They probably have to be jpg cause I tried a bmp that met the criteria and it wouldn't upload. Size limit is 150 KB

Last edited:

fragnbrag

Good news everyone!
Nov 12, 2002
Ottawa,Canada
sites.google.com
hey mango, you *finally* got registered here! that's good news :) 3 notes for ya -- first, get all your maps in here... second (if you haven't already) go find that forum thread about, um, a map that was made out of tubes :rolleyes: (that is. if it's still around) it hilarious :D but don't post a comment cause *it* might start up again :lol: third, as you say, get busy "stirring the pot" in bu editing forums... speakin' of which, do u have any sound-bytes of some of your wicked axe-work? uax compatible, not gigantic - dunno, maybe four or 8 bars (loopable) it's for a map i'm making, ambient sound, it has to be YOU ;)

Mango Rox,
Cheers

Actually I've been registered here for a long time, but just finally figured out ftp... lol I'm such a nub.

Are you talking about Like a Bill and Ted sort of thing? A little neetle,neetle,neet type deal?

That would get monotonous awful fast I would think. Are you after something like that little classical arpeggio tune at my site? That at least is long enough to not be too repetitive. But unfortunately I can't play anymore. My arthritis is just too bad.

And thx for the pimpage here... lol :D You're quite the musician yourself why not use something of your own?

I can send you some tableture for 21st Century Mozart... :D

http://home.comcast.net/~jcastile916/21stcenturymozart.mp3

Then you can clean up the production. :D But I just can't play anymore cause my fingers are so damn stiff I'm clumsy as an ox now, and hurt too much to play after just an hour or so.