Mine weapons not exploding

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

Stryker

If I try to use mines such as the proximity mines they do not explode when someone gets close to them. They will only explode if they are shot. It this normal?

W

Warren

Ummm no.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif hmmm.. well the Claymore is proximity, but it fires at a 60 degree angle and will only detonate if someone is in that range. The Prox Mine will detonate at any approach angle.. However, niether mine will go off by the owner of the mine- so if you lay down a mine, you can't set it off.

S

Stryker

Well... I had a friend that I was gaming with walk up to several different mines I had layed down and they did not explode. We were playing deathmatch not team play so I think it should have exploded. I also noticed that the proximity mines appear to be ghost like. I can see through them. I figured that is how they are supposed to be.

M

Morag

Since you guys at infiltration are trying to make this game realistic I think the owner of the mine should be able to set the thing off because I dont think that mines can tell the difference between 2 people. So it might be a good idea for a ver. 2.2 if there is one made to make it so anyone can set off the prox mine or claymore

C

Catalyst

We had the proxmines and claymores being triggered by anyone but it is quite annoying when you lay down some mines only to have a team member stroll by and set them off. For this reason neither you or your teammates can accidently set off mines.

S

Stryker

I tried again last night to use the Proximity mines and Claymores. I was on a LAN game with my roommate and he could not set the mines off nor could the bots we had in the game. The mines would eventually explode on their own eventhough nobody was around them. We are playing an INF Deathmatch. We even made sure the team colors did not match. (we were not playing teams though

W

Warren

Hmm.. Did you try the other 2 game modes (classic and standoff) on your LAN? Did the mines work there?

S

Stryker

I tried it in Classic but not Stand Off. They do not seem to work in Classic either. I even tried dropping a few mines right in front of a group of enemies and they did not explode. (tried proximity and claymore mines)