StaticMeshActor Skins & Texturing issues

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zerreth

Jun 30, 2009
Hi, i'm very new to the whole unreal editing concept as i'm used to source engine mapping. After reading a lot of wiki pages I still can't figure some things out.

(http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:StaticMeshActor)
Currently I have no clue how to add multiple materials to 1 model, and how to switch between skins.

What should be skin00
3675174042_97d85d6dcb_b.jpg

What should be skin01
3675174176_b0f8a497b1_b.jpg

My next problem would be how to add reflections & specularity on certain parts of the model. In 3dsmax I just simply add a grayscaled version (where white means more specularity) of the uvw unwrap to the specular channel and it works, unfortunately this doesn't work at all for unrealedit... :(

Could someone help me out with these problems ?
All help is greatly appreciated...

Last edited:

ironvil

Dec 5, 2009
I wish that i could find out about reflectivity as well not just mirrors i just want a shiny metals and for adding more than 1 texture to a mesh i would just put a pane in front of one and add a texture that as well

this probably won't help at all