Frag Counts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
You can still find individual frags. Open the server browser.

Edit:

I changed "web browser" to "server browser".

Last edited:

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
thx for pointing that out, could you please jump in front of a train?

[edit]in case you missed my point, i was refering to a MOVING train, preferably an express train[/edit]

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
christ, you ARE that stupid.

ok, forget "moving trains", too many letters in that. use a "knife" instead, can you remember that? K N I F E, stick it in your throat.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
To translate: The team specifically removed frag counts from the game. They weren't left out on accident, like something they plan on including later. So this can be taken as a hint that they do not want it to be a factor in the game. Then someone like you comes around and points out a bug that still allows frag counting. This defeats the whole purpose of removing it. So I think his point is that you are publishing a bug, and still showing the frag count is a bug, that encourages people to still play for frags. This is why he recommends you take the quick way out.

I'm less hostile about it. Maybe I'll get to kill someone while they are checking their frags. I trust the team will correct this in the future.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by MiscMan
Why do you want me to jump in front of a moving train?
Because frag count is intended to be removed in INF. The fact that it still can be seen via the server browser is considered a bug ( either the team didn't notice this or the team just can't modify the format of the UT server browser system. )

And your post seemed to encourage people to exploit this, which pissed The-Fur off ( I think. )

If you were reporting the bug, ok.

[edited] SLOW TYPING -- ME! :(

Harpoon

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
K. BTW, it looks like I was the only one who didn't know it, anyway. There's still a lot of bragging and "nice score, xxx" going on in servers.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
In Rune, typing players have a word ballon over their head. I think if Fur had his way, players checking their frag counts would visibly masturbate themselves.

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Eh can't see a ghost doing that :)!
Although, overall my frag count doesnt really matter, the numbers usually just say I killed most the people, whoopie right? I might not of been able to do that without backup from my team. (although, i do like running and gunning and kicking ass, but nonetheless I love team work also... Team Work beats Run-N-Gun in my book any day [even if I can run and gun a whole team Id rather work as a team than solo!] anyhow..) couldn't you just have the frag count RESET every kill? Set to 0 after every kill you make...

Optikron

Jul 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
I think warren will agree with me if i remove the Kill update( means the frag variable will always stay at 0 ). It's a variable less for each player to send to the client so in a way there will be more bandwitch.....that will be the official reason for those who don't like it :D

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Also I should point out the frag count tabulated in the server browser is reset w/ every TK. So unless the scoreboard is clean of those little red skulls, you're not really seeing players' true frag counts... ;)