Where are some UT3 Characters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Okay, about a year after UT99, UT2k3, and UT2k4 there was a massive influx of custom characters. Not so much for UT3 now... Sure I understand it's harder but dang man, there's not much even in the way of half retarded attempts that even I could beat if I ever stopped being lazy.

However I have found by randomly searching different models and I'm planning on raiding the official Unreal forums while avoiding getting banned (which is easy for me oddly). I created this thread so I and other people could find good character and weapon finds on the internet so that it'd be easier to get good stuff. A thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters will eventually write some of Shakespeare's works so to say. Even if those monkeys are flack monkeys.

Evill_Bob

Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
So do it! Make some cool characters, perhaps you will break open the flood gates of Character creation in all of us. :D

But I regard those people who spam horrible concoctions onto the internet as subhuman! Plus I think good content is needed for the flood gate. Nobody saw the towel man skin for UT2k4 and though "Oh! Me too!"

EDIT: What I will do is try my best to point out some good stuff once I get some time to find it. Like the GoW characters and the 3rd person mod(s).

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
The reason is because the UT3 community isn't as big as the ones around UT2004 and UT are/were which means not as many people around making characters, models and skins.

another reason is that it is made needlessly difficult to add new characters into the game.
Even after the latest patch it requires quite a bit of extra code, which isn't something the average artists wants to know.

IMHO if the process of adding new attachments into the game had been documented and if there wasn't a weird maximum on the number of custom-characters (12 or else the 'demoguy' appears) things could have been better.

And as for the success of UT3 => :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
I blame the sucess of CS ... it's not something that could have been fixed even if UT3 had been an insane success that made CS/Halo/Battlefield look like small potatoes by comparison.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Last edited:

Bort

nou
May 7, 2003
Mexico
www.mexfrag.net

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
While there aren't that many, the ones I do have are pretty darn good. Especially Samus Aran and Hel. And they all play nicely with 4-team mods. :)

Class-based tactical shooters are what's all the rage now. I still prefer arena shooters but the crowd for them seems to be thinning.

I hope some of the custom weapons that have made would show up in the next game- I think UT could use a new gun or two in its lineup (and bring back the ripper! :D)

Last edited:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
SkinCity is pretty much dead about now too. :(
All we got now is forums to publish custom content.

Not dead , but we can only post when someone is submitting his creation . :)

Edit : I don´t think the good ol´UT-times (99,1, whatever) come back with hitting several skinsites with 10 or more skins and models daily.

Anyways , we are there and post what we get submitted from the model- and skinauthors for all games of the UT-Series .

Last edited:

Evill_Bob

Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
While there aren't that many, the ones I do have are pretty darn good. Especially Samus Aran and Hel. And they all play nicely with 4-team mods. :)

Class-based tactical shooters are what's all the rage now. I still prefer arena shooters but the crowd for them seems to be thinning.

I hope some of the custom weapons that have made would show up in the next game- I think UT could use a new gun or two in its lineup (and bring back the ripper! :D)

Samus? There be a link?

Anyways, I wish they would do like Chaos UT and do in game weapon swapping and many if not all of the old weapons (especially U2 ones, how I miss them
icon_gonk.gif
). One minute it's a Stinger Despencer, now it's a Minigun Despencer!

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Not dead , but we can only post when someone is submitting his creation . :)

Edit : I don´t think the good ol´UT-times (99,1, whatever) come back with hitting several skinsites with 10 or more skins and models daily.

Anyways , we are there and post what we get submitted from the model- and skinauthors for all games of the UT-Series .
Yeah,SkinCity will live forever! :)

Unfortunately you are right SaD,it would be awesome if there is the good old time again. ;)