Ut2....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Being that it's Unreal Championship (XBox) with some additions and ported over to the PC, I tend to think of it as more UT 1.5

I don't know, I was expecting something ... more ...

It just has the feel of a "What the hell, we made this game for the console, let's make a few extra by selling it to the PC people as well" type affair.

I'm far more interested in Unreal 2 and Unreal Warfare.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Don't be too quick to judge this harshly. I agree with the UT1.5 assessment. I think that it was un-planned and certainly more would have been done to make it revolutionary had the focus been solely on UT for the past two years.

However, we may end up with a real nice upgrade to UT, and I wouldn't frown on that at all. The combos and special moves will enhance the gameplay, the maps will be all new, and best of all... mappers will have the new build of the Uengine Editor!

I'll take it. Lumps and all...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The comment that it looks like Q3 isn't fair. I think the one player model with the spikes on its back looks Q3-ish. I don't think the maps or weapons look anything at all like Q3.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
Lets just say, I'd sell my soul for a copy of UT2 right now. It looks amazing, and the fact that there's no item/weapon placement, although a daring move, sounds really interesting.

Bring it on...

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
I think you all will be pleasantly surprised and I dont think the quality compared to XBOX will be a UT 1.5.

You have to remember what DE was working on before they developed the pinball game last year and commenced work on UC this year. They were working on Dark Sector for the PC and I suspect alot of the concepts and work for this game was introduced to UC. They should have no problem doing the same for UT2.

Dont misinterpret what Im saying..Im not saying UT2 is a replacement for Dark Sector.

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
When I say its like Q3..Im not trashing it...its just that it has the same goth/tech/cyberpunk-type feel/atmoshphere...and, some of the maps look {at least to me..} VERY much like some Q3 maps, but with mucho better visuals. but...who knows...thats just my perspective :con:
And, TL...I see in no way in hell, that UT2 looks like Tribes, or SS.... :con:

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by CorTeX357
And, TL...I see in no way in hell, that UT2 looks like Tribes, or SS.... :con:
The guy who said it looks like Tribes did that mostly because of the vehicles and big terrain maps and the recharge stations.

The guys who said it looks like Serious Sam said that because of the egypt theme map.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
the :rolleyes: .. here we go again.

Hm no it doesn't look like Q3 at all :) yeah some of the characters look kind of "hellish" but that doesn't mean there ought to be made any resemblance at q3, unless you want it too ;)

Get with ze program, joo bratwurst :eek: This is Ut we're talking about .. well Ut2 anway ;) ...

Yeah serious sam, they see an egyptian level in the screenshots, it resembles of serious sam. They notice vehicles, it's Tribes2...

:lol:

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Once I see a jetpack, then I'll say it's a Tribes clone.

Once I see a 37 dumb opponents attacking me simultanously, then I'll say it's a SeriousSam clone.

Once I see a translocator, shockcombos and flakspam, then I'll say it's a UT clone. ;) :(