Is there going to be an M-14 weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

proclone1

Jan 29, 2000
Visit site
Hello, I was wondering if the infiltration team had any plans to include an M-14. It's a great weapon with 20 round magazine, semi or full auto options, not to mention a crazily powerful round (7.62) (In vietnam it could cut down 8 inch diameter trees in a couple shots). Not only was it extremely accurate and powerful, but it was the Force Recon weapon of choice. (And don't go trying to say the m16 or a car15 was, because I talk frequently with a former force recon vet)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Before anyone else tells you:
read the roadmap!
Any newbie should - I was a newbie and I did.
If you do this, you'll find out, that up tp INF 3.0 the weapon list is finished.
Maybe they'll include it later - I would also like to see one; the M14 is a hell of a weapon..

Snakeye

------------------
YES, I read the Roadmap!!

G

I already voiced my opinion on the old iron, but the M-14 is still used today, and 7.62 none the less (can you tell Im tired of 5.56 weaps?) Delta Force members were using them in Somalia.

all weapons = descendent of chinese musket, doesnt mean I want them in INF /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I would go for a seperate pack of WWII weaps, though. But i wouldnt want the era mixed. Hell any real world weap is better than a shock rifle (yawn).

G

I already voiced my opinion on the old iron, but the M-14 is still used today, and 7.62 none the less (can you tell Im tired of 5.56 weaps?) Delta Force members were using them in Somalia.

all weapons = descendent of chinese musket, doesnt mean I want them in INF /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I would go for a seperate pack of WWII weaps, though. But i wouldnt want the era mixed. Hell any real world weap is better than a shock rifle (yawn).

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, before thinking about muskets:
How about Wild West..
a 1851 Navy Colt(no Mason-Richards Conversion), would give a nive reload cycle, about one minute.(hehe)

By the way, why does anybody think that an M14 leads to an M1 Garand(I'd prefer the M2 Carbine..) and this leads to a civil war musket?
An M14 still is a potent weapon; maybe not for CQB, but the SEALs still use it, because of its high precision and its ability to work when wet.
There are many good 7.62 weapons; even short ones - the FN FAL para-version(or was it Congo-version?? - the one with the short barrel..).

But after all I'd rather say we wait 'till 3.0; maybe all your weapon dreams come true with the weapons featured there..
(as mentioned before, my two favourites are there: the M4 and the SIG551..)

Wait until 3.0, before you call for Infiltration: Civil War.

Snakeye

------------------
YES, I read the Roadmap!!

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
Repairman_jack, You have to take Medication too? (Im not the only one out there!)

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> To be, or not to be? That is the question!
[/quote]

My loyalty is to I N F I L T R A T I O N

New here? Then go and read the Roadmap

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Even trusted friends are capable of betrayal"[/quote]
-James Bond, Goldeneye 007

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
Repairman_jack, You have to take Medication too? (Im not the only one out there!)

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> To be, or not to be? That is the question!
[/quote]

My loyalty is to I N F I L T R A T I O N

New here? Then go and read the Roadmap

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Even trusted friends are capable of betrayal"[/quote]
-James Bond, Goldeneye 007

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
I'm not on meds no more! The doctors said that since I ran out yesterday and havent killed anybody yet, they wont send in those guys that smell funny and wear white clothes!

---------
"You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other sonovabitch die for his!" - General Patton
---------

Feztaa

Jan 23, 2000
Earth (maybe)
Visit site
something I think is funny, on a box of child's tylenol (or whatever it was, for children) it says you shouldn't operate heavy machinery after taking them... I don't think you have to worry too much about stopping a child from operating heavy machinery... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
-Feztaa!
(I read the road map!)