uninstall problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B4NE

Unregistered User
Mar 17, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
www.optikal-illuzionz.com
.....I'm trying to free up space on my computer and delete some ut2004 and utxmp since I rarely ever play either anymore but when I go to uninstall nothing happens... :(

if I just delete everything in C:/UT2004 will that cause any problems later on or is it basically doing what an uninstall does?

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Deleting the UT2004 folder won't cause problems with other programs if that's what you mean. There will be some minor issues, like traces in the start menu and your registry, but this won't harm your system much (as long as you don't make a habbit out of it to remove programs this way).

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Have you tried add/remove software from the windows control panels? It should allow you to remove everything installed from the original disks and anything installed via UMOD. Other stuff you have to remove manually.

B4NE

Unregistered User
Mar 17, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
www.optikal-illuzionz.com
yeah I tried going through the control panel also and it did the same thing. I click uninstall and the curser changes to an hour glass for a second like its going to do something but nothing ever happens. I'd rather not just delete the folder but I don't really know how else to go about getting rid of it.