emotions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
I was wondering if it is possible if your character could have emotions. You know, like fear. In the heat of combat if you're outnumbered and wounded, you start to hiccup. (hehe) Or if you're mortally wounded, you see images of your life pass before your eyes. I know this is impossible, but I thought it would be cool.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
HAAAAAAA

Like someone starts shooting at you and you piss your pants.

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
That emotion idea would be quite nice..
imagine shooting a bot in the back while he/she runs away screaming..hehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Still I don't think it's possible..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
While although it wouldn't fit well into the Unreal world, i thought about this a bit while playing the demo for Soldier of Fortune... Not so much people running around screaming and pissing... hehe

but ya know when when you take someone out with a sniper rifle for example, and his "friend" next to him acts without even a second of shock, fear, or remorse, and comes guns blaring toward your blown cover... it seems rather fictional. Granted you couldn't do it with a game geared toward multiplayer, but it's something that might be done in a game geared toward single player.

Toysrme

I love college... UA ROCKS
Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
well to be honest it would be funny to follow a bot by following his piss trail=)

to expand on his idea

it would be more realistic if say you were supressed for awhile that you'd become jittery or restless. i've seen countless times at the hole in ghetto where the team trying to get in will have afew players there taking fire and duck. only to take more fire and eventually just jump right on up into it LoL!

see it actually dose happen in certain sintuations even in the game LoL! basically what i'm getting at is like a version of NB-anticamper that is only activated after like 15 seconds in 1 spot and it only activates if you've been taking constant fire heh. (have it set down pretty low)

hey not only that but how many of yall have ever played any of the close combats? not so much 2 b/c but 1 3 and 4?

heh i lovee firing machine guns into soldiers that you know you can't hit but they become pinned, then surpressed, the panic, genrally exposing themselves to firee by crawling or runnign away.

hey not only could you make it to where you maby twitch alittle when aimin, but make your crouch high up making you a better target=)

[This message has been edited by Toysrme (edited 03-12-2000).]