Burning Fish's Unreal 2 XMP Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Fish

My brain hurts!
Dec 30, 2003
Holland
www.burningfish.nl
I made a trailer of Unreal 2 XMP. So... here it is!

Special thanks to:
- DEMINEM (Player 01)
- Th00mz (Player 02)
- Mookie / dk_bot / Hond (Testing)
- Some guys on a server I participated and captured in. Sorry for the lag (Fraps) ;)

PROGRAMS USED:

Capturing: Fraps 1.9D (Added all the game-sounds manually)
Editing 01: Pinnacle Studio 8.10 (Main editing)
Editing 02: MAGIX Video deLuxe 1.06 (Used to mix complex sounds)
Compression 01: VirtualDub 1.5.7
Compression 02: CDex 1.51 (Music + Main sound)

CONTENT:

Music: Juno Reactor and Don Davis - Tetsujin (The Matrix Revolutions)
Length: 2:48

DOWNLOAD HERE

Comments plz!

Last edited:

headwire

ranger extraordinaire
Dec 28, 2003
Very very nice. Got my juices flowing at least ... although, the beginning battle behind the weird tubes and the ladder was a bit long and ... I have to say cheesy. Unless that was the effect you were going for, it could be changed. Apart from that, excellent. Loved some of the camera angles, especially when the flaming car soars like a bird, only to disappear into a ball of firey death.

Burning Fish

My brain hurts!
Dec 30, 2003
Holland
www.burningfish.nl
headwire said:
although, the beginning battle behind the weird tubes and the ladder was a bit long and ... I have to say cheesy. Unless that was the effect you were going for, it could be changed

The music I used is from The Matrix Revolutions, the part where they break into the entrance hall of Merovingian's discoteque. I kind of imitated that in this movie. They come out, they hide, the player gets ready to get them back, they come out again, hell breaks lose. Honestly that's the part I liked the most :D. Glad you liked the rest of it.

Polycron said:
Very cool! Can you also provide a hi-res version ?

I still have the backup, so yes I could, but I don't know how big it will get and I think my current host wouldn't like to host the same movie ±4 times as big :)

Last edited:

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
LOL @ pandora. Just ask some admins e.g. QAPete or hal. A HDTV-res would be really nice @ low compression ( beyond 1500 kbs ) :)

Burning Fish

My brain hurts!
Dec 30, 2003
Holland
www.burningfish.nl
Ok, I got a HiRes version. It's XviD, I made it a bit more then 3000 kbps and it's 640x480 and the quality is very good. Sound is boosted from 128 kbps to 192 kbps. The size is 67.3 MB. I already PMed QAPete so I'll just have to wait till his reply.

Last edited:

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
Really, really nice... I loved the piece with the guy using jumpjets to jump out of the concrete cylinder.. And all the "moves" in 3rd person are done real good too.. My compliments :)

trip2k

Dec 29, 2003
awsome job!!!
this is gonna be great to use when i try to convice my cs clan to go get u2 :D

.kg.

Call me Mr.KO-wnage
Jan 5, 2004
nice trailer, good chosen music and especially the scene where this guy is jumping out of the tube looks very good. well done.

Burning Fish

My brain hurts!
Dec 30, 2003
Holland
www.burningfish.nl
Lizard Of Oz said:
Nice. :tup:

What commands or methods are you using in XMP to get a "free-camera" and HUD-free image?

Thanks for all your positive reactions! I used the command: ToggleUI to turn off the HUD. I used BehindView 1 to get ThirdPerson view and FreeCamera True to be able to rotate around the playing character. As for the flyby's. It's just 1st person view without weapons and HUD and the code Ghost on.

Saito said:
very good, and let me guess you play as a tech right

How'd you figure that out?!? :lol:

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
very nice video. I love it. Liz, I assume he used 'fly' for the free camera but he would have had to be on a special server that allowed those "cheats". As for the no HUD, I'd also like to know how to do that.

Last edited:

Burning Fish

My brain hurts!
Dec 30, 2003
Holland
www.burningfish.nl
MÆST said:
very nice video. I love it. Liz, I assume he used 'fly' for the free camera but he would have had to be on a special server that allowed those "cheats". As for the no HUD, I'd also like to know how to do that.

Heh, just edited my other post and there was yours! :D I played the maps where I do slowmotion and all the behindview cheats in singleplayer. Just by typing in the console "Start xmp-alcazar" you get into kind of a singleplayer-mode, comes in handy when making a movie :)

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
someone really needs to make a demo recording feature. It's hard to show teamplay, the best part, using fraps without demos. As a result, the video looks too staged (even though there's nothing you can do about it)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Burning Fish said:
Ok, I got a HiRes version. It's XviD, I made it a bit more then 3000 kbps and it's 640x480 and the quality is very good. Sound is boosted from 128 kbps to 192 kbps. The size is 67.3 MB. I already PMed QAPete so I'll just have to wait till his reply.

I can host it for a while. Send me a PM :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.