Mapping Tutorials???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
HI have been looking for tutorials to help with the elevators but I am having no luck. Does anyone know any good ones that are still active / online? Most of the ones I can find are for Unrealed 3.0 but I am useing unrealed 2.0.

phant00m

Nov 8, 2003
Master Roshi said:
HI have been looking for tutorials to help with the elevators but I am having no luck. Does anyone know any good ones that are still active / online? Most of the ones I can find are for Unrealed 3.0 but I am useing unrealed 2.0.

Yeah..sure

http://www.leveldesigner.com/index.php?action=cat&ID=9

Darn...only a door tutorial.(However this is almost the same but then up and down instead of left 2 right ;)

Good Luck ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
Hey Fordy: I was just at your site!

Lots of cool stuff there, but I'm finding half the links and downloads on the site appear to be dead. :( Is this just temporary?

Specifically,I've tried downloading both the UnrealEd reference to which you refer in your post and the "Creating UT Brushes in Max" video.

Both take me to fileplanet but list the files as no longer available. :(

I don't mean to whine, but I'd love to see these resources back.

Thanks. :)

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com
Go&nd said:
Hey Fordy: I was just at your site!

Lots of cool stuff there, but I'm finding half the links and downloads on the site appear to be dead. :( Is this just temporary?

Specifically,I've tried downloading both the UnrealEd reference to which you refer in your post and the "Creating UT Brushes in Max" video.

Both take me to fileplanet but list the files as no longer available. :(

I don't mean to whine, but I'd love to see these resources back.

Thanks. :)

Hi Go&nd

Its probably file planet, it never was my choice of file servers. Iv checked the UnrealEd ref & the Creating UT Brushes in Max vid, all are ok here.

If it comes up file or page not found, just hit refresh, that usually cures it.

As for the other links, unfortunatley some people move on & take their sites down but I leave the links up there in the hope they may come back (I keep checking them from time to time)

Anyway if its video tutorials your after go to www.3dbuzz.com & get some of those, they dont come any better!

Last edited:

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
Hey Fordy! Thank you for the response.

Sure enough, I just went back to the same links today and they worked. Go figure. :D

Thanks, and btw, great site! :)

And thank you for pointing me towards 3D Buzz. I'd heard of that whole project but I hadn't delved into it yet. Wow -- they've really put a lot of work into that stuff.

Makes us aspiring modders feel like our only limitations are talent and laziness. :D

Kyouryuu

*roar!*
Dec 17, 2003
Kirkland, Washington
kyouryuu.furvect.com
Elevators are made in UT essentially the same way as they are in UT2K3. The only difference is that in UT, you'll generally use a mover brush, whereas in UT2K3 it's typically a mover static mesh.

The general principle is the same, however.

Create a cutter in the shape of your mover and move it to where you want it to be by default. Then, right-click on the Add Mover Brush button and select ElevatorMover. Once the brush is created, you can right click on it and, under Mover properties, select Key 1. Now move the brush to where you want it to end up after it moves. If you go to Mover properties now and select Key 0, it should revert back to its previous position. You've created a very simple lift!

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
Fordy said:
Hi Go&nd

Its probably file planet, it never was my choice of file servers. Iv checked the UnrealEd ref & the Creating UT Brushes in Max vid, all are ok here.

If it comes up file or page not found, just hit refresh, that usually cures it.

As for the other links, unfortunatley some people move on & take their sites down but I leave the links up there in the hope they may come back (I keep checking them from time to time)

Anyway if its video tutorials your after go to www.3dbuzz.com & get some of those, they dont come any better!

For me: Still not work