'The Roost' is no more.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
You'll want to take it out of your Favorites list and off your UT Watcher.

I want to thank the hundreds of players for the thousands (8350 to be exact) of games played on The Roost. I'm glad I could help provide a fun, challenging environment for players.

May I suggest Blatanizer's PukeStain - 64.52.83.170, or The Web 209.83.223.253 - for a fun game?

If you're into DM - try Free Beer! 128.208.57.166

You'll find me on those. :)

Anyway... as they say - Thanks for the memories.

]Ui[duo

super kitty alerascaty away!! aye! aye! aye!
Mar 11, 2001
Fort Worth, Texas
Visit site
I taught some newbies what this game is all about a few times..... and got my assed kicked the rest of the times :) gonna miss it
"Is any body else getting turned on, or is it just me... it's just me isnt it"- Drew Carey Show

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Roo, your server helped me become the player I am....
Kick @ss server. Gonna miss it, especially all the good peeps who played there. Thanx A MILLION!!!
Now, there are no quality servers in my faves that I ping well on. :( What am I gonna do? Wait till 2 am to play on Swine?
What happened to the server? Did we toast it? :)
Too much of me, heh?
*sigh*, I need a good east coast server with good challenge... Any suggestions?

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Good Memories...

I still remember when the server opened last year. I remember playing some kickass games with yall on it :). It was there that I first learned of RuffRider's talent...

]Ui[duo

super kitty alerascaty away!! aye! aye! aye!
Mar 11, 2001
Fort Worth, Texas
Visit site
not to get off topic but i was listening to Opus 40(Mercury Rev) when checking what y'all said and it was kind of sad *snif snif :rolleyes:
Try it :p
Perfect melody for this kind of mushy stuff.
I better go, I am getting kind of misty :rolleyes:
I say we all get drunk and look back on the good ol' dayz....... can someone smuggle me a drink while you're at it

Last edited:

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
PuF and #planetunreal will not be the same without the Roost. I know I didn't play a whole heck of a lot on it (just a few games) but playing there was a big eye opener, when I left Bollwerk with like -4 frags I thought wow. When I got my first cap in Dreary it was a confidence builder.

And let's not forget the "cleanliness" of the server. Roo tried his best to get rid of tha llamas and idiots who would otherwise just vandalise the server.

Thanks for the p1mpage for my (ahem, er, your) server The Web, which will always continue to have your name in the MOTD as long as I admin it for all the help you put into getting The Web playable.

I will not run Carry the Flag as often (only during midday), so PuF'ers can have a decent CTF server in the mid-USA

how many times have we said it? I'll say it again... "Thanks Roo"

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Originally posted by cryco

*sigh*, I need a good east coast server with good challenge... Any suggestions?

Try 950 clan official server #1. I'm in Toronto, and I get great pings there. There's usually a good mix of MyU guys and 950 clanners with some cool maps. The server's nice and crisp with compressed re-directed downloads. The competition's not as great as swine for obvious reasons, but I've had some really challenging games there. Great attitudes by the players as well.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I remember when Ci started out last year and we needed a server for practices and matches. Rooster stepped in to help and lent us The Roost a few times. Thanks :)

GG Roost.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Sad, sad.
When i finally got a decent connection "The Roost" goes down.
I have often seen in my UT Browser a lot of people from PU playing there but my ping was allways around 350 -400 so I wouldn't join.
So sad :(

GunnerX

2345 Posts
Mar 14, 2000
Canadia
www.gunnerx.com
Nooooo!!!! *sob*

I have to say thanks for Everything Rooster. The Roost was the very first server in my fave list and will always remain as my fave. I will truly miss my <100 pings there, and the occasional 6000+ ping.

Thanks again Roo for providing muTTs a server for matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.