U1 2 U2 port?????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Sounds like it could be promising. Yes, that's very vague. U1 ported to U2 is very much like the dozens of deck16, curse2, insertpredecessorhere that's been done for ut2k3. The chances of someone fscking it up are very high.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
The new Unreal in U2 would LOOK really damn cool, but it just wouldn't feel that way... Unreal 1 is always going to be Unreal 1, you can't remake a masterpiece and make it better.... imho, atleast.

the_demigod

AbsoluteGamerz.com
Feb 10, 2001
UK
www.absolutegamerz.com
Actually--having played U about 30 times on Unreal skill, 150% speed, etc its kinda getting boring.

So, I was thinking that with the new engine they'd be able to add more variations to what we all know and love--better monster AI, randomised placement, SUCH things to simply spice up a perfect game.

I'm sure the new visuals would be stunning as well.
The music...well, it IS perfect, so... :D :D :D :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If you saw the level someone remade for UT2k3 it was incredible...there were a few problems with it things I didn't like, but it was still incredibly cool to run around in it (can't think of the name dang it...one right after vortex rikers).

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Nyleve Falls

It would be a careful piece of tailored work, getting U1 to U2
to include higher detailed models, textures and getting the animations right.

The music is deadon.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
the_demigod said:
Actually--having played U about 30 times on Unreal skill, 150% speed, etc its kinda getting boring.

So, I was thinking that with the new engine they'd be able to add more variations to what we all know and love--better monster AI, randomised placement, SUCH things to simply spice up a perfect game.

Huh, go play AKcoop on those maps. On Unreal skill. See how long it takes before you get "sssssligthyl frustrated" a dh has killed you AGAIN.
It's fun though, but I'm sure it pisses most players off :D cause it's challenging to say at least.

Course you get bored of playing the retail game, you've been there before. Same old monster placement, same health-speed etc...

"What's a dh?"

Go play AKcoop and find out :)

Last edited:

ingen

Seek peace...
May 3, 2001
Isla Sorna
fusionware.tripod.com
the_demigod said:
ANY chance SOMEONE is working on redoing the Unreal game to the new engine standard????????????

:) :) :) :) :)

Sure we are, but as hellscrag said, the topic got lost...anyway, I'm experiencing some heavy **** in my UED3...
My conf is: P3 933, 512 Ram, Ge-Force 2MX, Monster Sound 300 MX, WinXP + SP1, DX9, The latest patch for Unreal 2, and bloody editor crashes any time i touch Terrain Editor. But, as i found out, it must be related somehow to my configuration, since the editor works on any other computer i tried on...any ideas? I need to solve this problem, most of the Unreal is outdoor indeed...Oh yeah, since i installed the latest patch for my UT2003, i cant even get into the editor, reason: something about white circle related to terrain editing in line 768 or something like that...

Sounds interesting, huh? Please help, because as far as I solve this problem I cant do anything...oh yeah, i already formatted HD, reinstalled everything for at least 10 times...