give NOW

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
I donated some money, and I'm going to try to donate some blood (if they let me, they farked a test of mine last time, so I'm not sure if I am allowed to donate).

Aug 2, 2004
I just dont get I we didnt see it before it came so we could do something to prepare for the coming of such a horrific tragedy.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Darth_Chaos said:
I just dont get I we didnt see it before it came so we could do something to prepare for the coming of such a horrific tragedy.

Uhh.. what?

Anyway, I think people have the decency to help those in need even without you being an ass about it, jedi.

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Darth_Chaos said:

Predicting Earthquakes is still very difficult. But if they happen under the ocean, some kind of Tsunami warning system should be triggered.

I've donated some money. The Dutch people together donated over 9 Million Euro's allready. The government is going to give more than 25 million!! :)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Darth_Chaos said:

The quake was in the Indian ocean, which ironically is right by the pacific ocean which is loaded with equipment floating out in the sea capable of detecting Tsunami's. The Indian Ocean however has nothing like this. There are things out there to detect earth quakes though. Scientist saw that there was a 9.0 quake out there, but didnt think that a Tsunami was coming as a result. If this happened in the pacific people would have been warned about it hours in advance and no one would have died.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
tool said:
The quake was in the Indian ocean, which ironically is right by the pacific ocean which is loaded with equipment floating out in the sea capable of detecting Tsunami's. The Indian Ocean however has nothing like this. There are things out there to detect earth quakes though. Scientist saw that there was a 9.0 quake out there, but didnt think that a Tsunami was coming as a result. If this happened in the pacific people would have been warned about it hours in advance and no one would have died.
Actually, scientists knew there was a tsunami, but the warning system was not in place in the affected areas, so people couldn't be warned of any impending disaster, or at least that's what I heard.

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
DemonThing3 said:
Actually, scientists knew there was a tsunami, but the warning system was not in place in the affected areas, so people couldn't be warned of any impending disaster, or at least that's what I heard.

Yeah from what I heard US geologists warned governments in the region where possible, but there was no way to get word out to the public.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
[UM]theswarm said:
Yeah from what I heard US geologists warned governments in the region where possible, but there was no way to get word out to the public.

Confirmed. The mistakes of the few had a very high price indeed.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
On the turning away
from the pale and downtrodden
and the words they say
which we won't understand
"Don't accept that what's happening
is just a case of others suffering
or you'll find that you're joining in
the turning away"

It's a sin that somehow
light is changing to shadow
and casting it's shroud
over all we have known
unaware how the ranks have grown
driven on by a heart of stone
we could find that we're all alone
in the dream of the proud

On the wings of the night
as the daytime is stirring
where the speechless unite
in a silent accord
using words you will find are strange
and mesmerised as they light the flame
feel the new wind of change
on the wings of the night

No more turning away
from the weak and the weary
no more turning away
from the coldness inside
just a world that we all must share
it's not enough just to stand and stare
is it only a dream that there'll be
no more turning away?

Donated heavily

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
was watching the news today and they did a report on this 14 year old boy in Washington State who donated more money then France did, who only gave a measly (compared to what other countries have given, which have been as high as like 450 million dollar from one country) $150,000.

smattbac

Flak Monkey
Nov 28, 2000
Finland
www.multi.fi
tool said:
was watching the news today and they did a report on this 14 year old boy in Washington State who donated more money then France did, who only gave a measly (compared to what other countries have given, which have been as high as like 450 million dollar from one country) $150,000.
Maybe you meant North Korea. France has donated around $115m, including private donations.

Who's giving what?

Btw, every dollar counts. :)