DUP-Bots in SinglePlayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think about the DUP-Bpts in SinglePlayer-mode?

• Single Player?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don`t care

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • An upl with swapping parts and new portraits should do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alternate suits would be nice

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I just wanted to look , which stats my chars have in SP but I wasn`t able to quit *g* So I was palying and playing. Well, i must admit that the DUP-Bots were going on my nerves, playing against 3 Gorge`s is a little bit dull.
So I made small upl swaping some parts (eg sapphire`s head on laurens body) and it did work out well :) I "changed" the entire Supernova-team that way. Than I made a Saphire alternate body (instead of magenta just green/yellow) and a quick portrait. When the chars have still the same portraits, it`s pretty useless *g*

A new Perish (Supernova`s Leader) was born :)

What do you think? Is such a project intresting or useless?

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
From time 2 time I play it, but it should definitaly be more exciting! A little bit league based maybe. Is there an intresting mod available?

Getting rid of that silly DUPs would be nice, but I think most of the mass don`t care about SP

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I really don't know to be honest. The duplicates don't tend to show up too often and given they play differently to the original I reckon ppl playing SP are kept on their toes. I don't see the harm in them but sure everybody wants a new playable character instead. These days does anyone actually play online? All I ever see are loads of empty servers. Personally I nearly always play offline these days and I'm sure a lot more do too. One thing I would like to see though for SP (in UT2007) is an actual story and a more immersive experience :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
I really don't know to be honest. The duplicates don't tend to show up too often and given they play differently to the original I reckon ppl playing SP are kept on their toes. I don't see the harm in them but sure everybody wants a new playable character instead. These days does anyone actually play online? All I ever see are loads of empty servers. Personally I nearly always play offline these days and I'm sure a lot more do too. One thing I would like to see though for SP (in UT2007) is an actual story and a more immersive experience :D

Well than I`ll continue with that Mercenary DUP Update :p
It`s truly nothing special but it`s a little bit of change...and I just need a little inspirational break *lol*

It`s not a real annoying thing, but having a Team full of Sapphire`s is not so creative :p
I`ll only change Mercenary DUPs (for now) that in SP, due it`s only a small tweak for SP. This should not take to long, so SaD should be prepared for another "small" pack. (Why do my packs always grow that much in filesize??)
The "original" will only have 2 team colors (as mentioned, it`s for SP), but I`ll also make a set of 4 Teamcolors, for full compatibility :)

I also don`t play online, only in LAN. It`s just more personal to discuss the feelings in a small break :D and in LAN I always no the weak points *hehe*

Last edited by a moderator:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
MäxX said:
I also don`t play online, only in LAN. It`s just more personal to discuss the feelings in a small break :D and in LAN I always no the weak points *hehe*

Easier to jump over and smack the guy who's just fragged u :lol:

You could always make a pack of only dups and get 100 emails saying these skins don't work :D rofl

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
UTGirl said:
Is there an intresting mod available?

I don`t know any mod making this a "league"

Does anybody remember Worms? Such a league system would be funny :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
Easier to jump over and smack the guy who's just fragged u :lol:

You could always make a pack of only dups and get 100 emails saying these skins don't work :D rofl

I see, you`ve gotten the hidden message :lol:

Currently it`s named xplayers001.upl, and works good :) I think UT searches for the name, and searches the upls in alphabetical order :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:

So all altered DUP`s should work :p I`ve also fígured out, that UT2k4 ignores all players with upl-names higher than XplayersL2 :)
I`ve put all (Human) skins, which don`t fit SP in my opinion (eg. Neo and Smith) in a XplayerL3 *lol*

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Only thing is if you change any of the default .upl files xplayersL1, xplayersL2, or xplayersL3 you won't get online if you want to. You'll get booted by AntiTCC straight away. Make a separate .upl if you haven't already, MäxX ;) Unless you never intend playing online or you could backup the originals and restore them if you need to :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
Only thing is if you change any of the default .upl files xplayersL1, xplayersL2, or xplayersL3 you won't get online if you want to. You'll get booted by AntiTCC straight away. Make a separate .upl if you haven't already, MäxX ;) Unless you never intend playing online or you could backup the originals and restore them if you need to :)

I never touched the standart upls (I read the warnings some time ago *g*), but when ading a (non existing) xplayersXYZ.upl, you will also be kicked? omg, that`s not what I want to achieve *g* we`ll mnybe I just rename the upl to another name, but as close as possible to the original xplayers, just not to mess up the "real" Char-Selection-Screenie *g*

EDIT: ähm, which upl was included with the ECE? the 3? Well, then I know what I have to restore, when having online actions ins mind :p

Last edited by a moderator:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
No you're ok if it's a new file, regardless of the name you're fine. Just make sure any dups don't have the same name as existing characters or dups or maybe the more popular skins/models ppl use :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
No you're ok if it's a new file, regardless of the name you're fine. Just make sure any dups don't have the same name as existing characters or dups or maybe the more popular skins/models ppl use :D

But I have to do it that way :p
If I want to change the Sapphire DUP Perish, I must give UT a char called Perish and an upl beeing first in alphabetical order, so UT takes this char :)
With that, there will be probs with online gaming?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I think so. You'd really have to give her a different name or remove the new upl if you're going online :)

[EDIT] any character with the same name as a default, even a dup will cause online problems

[EDIT#2] first rule of thumb when naming a character, search each of the xplayers files for the name you want to use ;)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Ah I see, well than there have to be 2 versions

One for replacing the bots in SP (that what it`s designed for) and another with total diffrent names for online gamers

omg, why was Epic so clumsy with that?

Hm, so I also have to change the name of "Fury" in my TSE pack? It only caused probs in SP, but when it`s useless for online gamings it`s not good :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
klasnic said:
:eek: Now I have Kantham's problem and am being called a lurker!

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=161074

Well , single player against bot is damn cool since i know how to make them play good inside my levels. I guess what you mean is that you are tired to frag bots with the same look again, again, and again. Well, that's not a problem for me , i like to get a couple of good skins though, i got rid of the whole U2 models from Levels4you ans same for the halo one since i was so tired of them. Bha, i guess i will probably browse one of my CD to reinstall the Unreal 2 ones. Man they rock.

I can't use you nice looking skins btw Maxx, each time i play on a antiTCC server, it tell me that my skins are not authorized for playing, like if i'm haxing or somthing

That's bad.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
@klas: You`re right, she`s a fat n`ugly Ambrosia-DUP :p

@kan: Well that`s 2 bad, they should revise their ban-routines :(